Magical Mystery Tour + Let It Be DVD Releases - Thanksgiving 2K12

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by krlpuretone, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

Bah.., MMT over Head just for of its shorter length
    :laugh:

2. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

There was a lot of drama around here when the rumors got hot and heavy over the "Smile" box....

3. FlatCat

FlatCat The Old Wig

I'd be excited by Let It Be coming out, on either Blu Ray or DVD. I'd prefer Blu Ray of course ;)

4. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

it'd be nice to have decent dvds of these, but I doubt even the hardcore will watch them more than once. I'd be far more interested in a compilation of promo videos and TV appearances or even a box set of the old cartoons...

5. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Well, if it's allright by you all I'll wait for further announcements from other sources.... Every Beatles-related unnamed source is a reason for us all to react, to have fantastic assumptions about the finished product etc....

6. rewind1964

rewind1964 Forum Resident

I look at it this way...
    If the OP is right, I've got a couple of DVDs to pick up at my local music store on Black Friday. If he isn't, I've save $40 and things will carry on the way they have.

T'aint the end of the world.
    That comes the following month.

7. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Cool!

This will make the McCartney Remasters come out at an even slower rate. As if they're not slow enough already. :help: :sigh: :agree: :angel:

8. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

:laugh:

9. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I appreciate the tip. If we're looking at sometime around Thanksgiving, the press release should be going out...end of August, first half of September?

For those not especially pumped about the movies, please note that the surround mix on the MMT laserdisc was outstanding, and that a well done audio track for LIB could be a real treat. Even if you don't view them frequently they could be really enjoyable to listen to.

10. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

+1

The McCartney Remasters are supposed to come out around the same time, aren't they? One or two right before Christmas. And Rockshow is supposed to come out by the end of the year too.

No offense to the OP, but just sounds like too much Beatles-related product to be true. It seems like something will have to get bumped. Maybe we'll get the movies but not the McCartney Remasters.

11. Mr Hankey

Mr Hankey If you eat fiber on Xmas Eve...

Broadstreet on Blu-Ray?

12. helter

helter Forum Resident

I can believe another itunes compilation of songs "you already own"
    The Beatles " Songs about chicks we divorced"

13. Gloi

Gloi Forum Resident

Will it come out before or after Mark Lewisohn's book?

14. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Hardly. there are false reports all the time.
    Interesting. Magical Mystery tour has never been shown on Channel 4, it was last shown in 1979 on BBC. I wonder what film you're confusing it with?

15. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

That's what makes me skeptical. There's only a finite amount of Beatles material for Apple to release, so they usually dole it out with a thimble.

Common sense would dictate that Apple would release these separately to assure maimum sales potential.

Wait a minute. This is Apple I am talking about, where nothing is done logically.

Therefore, it must be true. Both are being released at the same time! :D

16. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

....and, what KIND of "Let It Be" DVD? JUST the movie, or the movie w/ TONS of extras?
    THAT is the question.

17. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

Anybody care to have a guess at how many thousands of useless posts will be made here before November passes?

18. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

To expand on what I said earlier...

When it comes to MMT, I get the feeling it's something Apple feels they need to release, but are a bit embarrassed by...so perhaps they're putting it out alongside "Let it Be" so that MMT gets a bit lost in the shuffle...

just a theory

19. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm not saying it as "I was first", I'm saying "the Steve Hoffman Forum was first"

It's not about my ego gratification.

As for the "why now" question, the answer to that is obvious; EMI makes MUCH more $ on hard copy product than downloads through iTunes/Amazon/Netflix/wherever, and as we all know, the window on that in the video domain is closing much faster than it is with music.

20. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

Probably Cliff Richard's Summer Holiday: also a bus, also singing, also the 1960s, also crap!

21. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

You might not care about the movies, but plenty do...

22. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I hope each individual dvd package is numbered so we can let each other know which number we received. Maybe we can also let each know when our orders go into "Shipping Soon" and "Shipped" status on Amazon.

23. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Hey hey hey, I love Summer Holiday...

24. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Yep, unfortunately at this point all we have is theories. Give me the movies.:D

I actually enjoy the Magical Mystery Tour movie but I can understand why others might not.

I know one thing though. If Paul does any promo for Magical Mystery Tour he will mention that the movie was seen as a failure originally, but later on people like STEVEN SPIELBERG came up to him and told him how he and his buddies all watched the movie in film school and loved it, blah, blah, blah.
    Wink, wink. See ? It's actually a misunderstood work of genius.:D

When he's talking about his artwork, he namedrops his pal Willem de Kooning, as if knowing these people elevates HIS art work. Heh.

25. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Doesn't everybody have them already?

(Quoting Dylan re The Basement Tapes)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.