Marvel and Stan Lee Celebrate the Movies and release dates 2021-2023

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dr. Pepper, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry? Thread Starter

jupiter8, BeatleJWOL and Curveboy like this.
  2. Dr. Pepper

10 Mavel Studio films in under 2 years, crazy! 7 before next summer 2022! Do love the above trailer and great to hear Stan's narration.

3. How much world saving can the world take?

agentalbert, audiomixer, mx20 and 3 others like this.
  4. Dr. Pepper

We could use quite a lot right now.

jupiter8 and Shoes1916 like this.
  5. Some spandex and a mask I guess we are there!

Shoes1916 and Dr. Pepper like this.
  6. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura!

When Disney bought Marvel and Star Wars I tuned out of both. Over saturation of the marketplace being one reason.

audiomixer, hi_watt and Bluesman Mark like this.
  7. Dr. Pepper

I think they are trying to clear the decks of their backlog of films. Also this will create a steady flow of new films for their Disney+ streaming platform. I would be surprised if going forward from 2024 on we had more than 3 to 4 films a year. They don't want to kill the golden goose, but they will boil it right to the edge of it's existence.

P.S. I think they know there is a pent up fury to see movies in the theater right now and they are all set to capitalize on that!

BeatleJWOL, hi_watt and Shoes1916 like this.
  8. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

I've seen all the MCU in the theaters, except the stupid-looking Tom Holland Spider-Man movies, but the only one of these I'm really excited to see is Dr. Strange, because of Sam Raimi. I'm open to Ant-Man 3 and Guardians 3, depending on how they end up looking. Widow looks like it could possibly be okay. Shang-Chi looks incredibly dull, like a Netflix show. Eternals seems to have nothing interesting in it except for Angelina, which might be enough, The dullness of Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the last two Thor movies means I'll probably completely skip those sequels. Of course, I won't watch the next installment of their awful version of Spider-Man.

9. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

Black Widow looks fun!

The rest...

10. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I had no interest in any...Iron Man, Ant Man, Thor, Avengers, Spidey reboot. I gave them a chance and they all proved hugely entertaining to me and my kid. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the upcoming lineup.

jupiter8 and Shoes1916 like this.
  11. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

I liked Ant Man! :love:

audiomixer and GregM like this.
  12. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Aww hell yeah. I'm in it for the long haul, baby!

That said, Eternals might be the one that doesn't quite move me. Ageless super powered titans seems like a setup for a bunch of Superman-level characters that are hard to write a story around, but hey, I've been surprised before.

Black Widow was long overdue. I see people online talking all the time "well we know she dies in Infinity War so what's the story there?" I think those people watched too much Game of Thrones; if who lives and dies is the only impetus for you to care about the story, I dunno what to tell ya.

Shang-Chi looks like good kung-fu fun, and it'll be nice to get the One True Mandarin. I thought the bait'n'switch in Iron Man 3 was a fun twist, but it would have been nice to see RDJ's Tony Stark going up against the mastermind. That said, an American superhero going up against a Chinese warlord was not a good look for a multi-national corporation. I guess.

Spider-Man, I've been waiting for since that wild post-credits of the last one. I don't know what to expect and I like it that way, but it sounds like it's going to be a great lead-in to the next flick.

Multiverse of Madness is going to be nuts (it's in the title!) and I am so ready for it. Will Wanda be a villain? Anti-hero? Will Doctor Strange get his psych degree just to help her out?

The Thor movie again is somewhat of a mystery; hopefully leaning a little further from comedy this time but I trust Taika Waititi.

Of course Black Panther is going to be bittersweet but all indications are the creative team has embraced the possibilities. Still a damn shame, losing a talented actor like that.

The Marvels was a nice surprise in this trailer, and we'll be introduced to Kamala Khan before that.

Ant-Man is another cipher but rumors are strong that this will finally confirm time-traveling Big Bad Kang The Conqueror as the next Thanos (there are Fantastic Four ties with the character, too).

And of course who doesn't want more Guardians??

With the TV series in tow, the schedule looks more like this (chronology TBD):

June 11, 2021: Loki (6 episodes)

July 9, 2021: Black Widow

Mid-2021: What If? (10 episodes, presumably not as connected to the overall MCU, but you never know)

September 3, 2021: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Late 2021: Ms. Marvel

November 5, 2021: Eternals

Late 2021: Hawkeye

December 17, 2021: Spider-Man: No Way Home

2022: Moon Knight (Oscar Isaac as the titular former soldier with god powers)

March 25, 2022: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

2022: She-Hulk (Bruce Banner's irradiated but make it sexy cousin)

May 6, 2022: Thor: Love and Thunder

TBA: Secret Invasion (Nick Fury and the Skrulls return: who's that alien imposter? sus)

July 8, 2022: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

TBA: Ironheart (Young genius (aged up from the comics, apparently) Riri Williams takes up the good work of the dearly departed Mr. Stark)

November 11, 2022: The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2)

Christmas 2022: Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

February 17, 2023: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

TBA: Armor Wars (Don Cheadle/War Machine in an adaptation of a comic run that also inspired Iron Man 2 about replicated Stark tech; would not be surprised to see Justin Hammer return here)

May 5, 2023: Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 3

TBA: Fantastic Four (sometime in the distant future I suppose; only flashed in the new trailer)

EXCELSIOR

jupiter8, davenav and Dr. Pepper like this.
  13. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

I couldn’t be more excited! It’s like that feeling I got walking into the drug store and seeing the comic rack full of new Marvel titles!

And just like then, I’m in for every one!!

jupiter8, BeatleJWOL and Dr. Pepper like this.
  14. BeatleJWOL

I think of that every time people talk about franchise fatigue.

Y'all know how many comics get put out every year, right?

davenav and Dr. Pepper like this.
  15. Dr. Pepper

Anyone have more information on this. That's one of the cool things you can do with a streaming service like Disney+, have fun one offs like specials and annuals in the comics.

16. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

...which Disney has a tendency of doing.

thnkgreen likes this.
  17. Dr. Pepper

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  18. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

No. And don't tell me.

19. BeatleJWOL

:)

20. Dr. Pepper

I won't tell you then, but I will say that reading them from the beginning with my son was a wonderful experience! The first month of Stan Lee's Marvel Super heroes was one comic Fantastic Four in 1961, month two was two comics Fantastic Four and Ant Man, month three was just Fantastic Four, month four Fantastic Four and the Incredible Hulk, and month five was Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, and Thor... A person could read every issue of every Marvel Super Hero comic easily throughout the 1960s and that was pretty cool. Thinking about doing a podcast with my son and his girlfriend where we go through a month every week and discuss the comics from that month. It would be fun for us and I think listeners would enjoy it too.

davenav and BeatleJWOL like this.
  21. Dr. Pepper

Man you pegged What If (August 12th) and Hawkeye (November 24th) perfectly!

22. BeatleJWOL

Wasn't me, I think that vague info was on Wiki already. I'll be more impressed in 2023 :laugh:

23. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I know it seems like a pipe-dream now, but..........
    Do you think they would try to show the Disney+ shows in movie theaters?

24. Dr. Pepper

For those keeping track, here's the full lineup of upcoming Marvel movies and shows:

• What If...? (Disney+, Aug. 11, 2021)
    • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Sept. 3, 2021)
    • Eternals (Nov. 5, 2021)
    • Hawkeye (Disney+, Nov. 24, 2021)
    • Spider-Man: No Way Home (Dec. 17, 2021)
    • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25, 2022)
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (May 6, 2022)
    • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (July 8, 2022)
    • The Marvels (Nov. 11, 2022)
    • Ms. Marvel (Disney+, 2022)
    • The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (Disney+, 2022)
    • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17, 2023)
    • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5, 2023)
    • Moon Knight (Disney+, Date TBD)
    • She-Hulk (Disney+, Date TBD)
    • Secret Invasion (Disney+, Date TBD)
    • Blade (Date TBD)
    • Deadpool 3 (Date TBD)
    • Fantastic Four (Date TBD)
    • I Am Groot (Disney+, Date TBD)
    • Armor Wars (Disney+, Date TBD)
    • Ironheart (Disney+, Date TBD)
    • Wakanda Series (Disney+, Date TBD)
    • Echo (Disney+, Date TBD)
    • Captain America 4 (Date TBD)
    • Loki Season 2 (Disney+, Date TBD)

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  25. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

I don't see any must-sees coming up until Raimi's Dr. Strange.

No, if anything was going to be shown in theaters, it would be Mandalorian. But they won't even release it on disc. If Disney had their way, they'd probably never show anything in movie theaters again, nor put anything out on disc. Having everything they put out piped into your home as a rental, keeping more profits, never having to worry if anything flops, having predictable monthly revenue, letting the back catalog and a few tentpoles drive subscriptions while they get away with cheap, low-rent, TV-movie level quality on most of the new content. That'd be a dream for them.

Dr. Pepper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.