Marvel's Inhumans

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by wayneklein, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneklein

wayneklein Forum Fool Thread Starter

I agree. Hopefully we will get a bit more exposition further in the series but they did a very poor job showing the one scene with his parents and with the car. We saw demonstrations of his power as a means to "explain" why he was mute but it could have been handled so much better. It's a pity because Anson Mount is a fine actor that can give intense performances. It feels to me that what wasn't on the page had to be made up during the shooting and improvised. The direction was surprisingly imaginative at least in setting up the shots in some of the early parts of the show. The sets though were largely crap with CGI that would have looked state of the art 10 years ago. Lockjaw did look good however.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

3. Vidiot likes this.
  4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I wouldn't go that far, but I would say The Exorcist was a lot better than I was expecting. Inhumans ain't gonna make it.

wayneklein likes this.
  5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Jack Kirby deserved better.

DreadPikathulhu and wayneklein like this.
  6. wayneklein

wayneklein Forum Fool Thread Starter

I agree about The Exorcist. Whereas all the movie sequels (except The Exorcist:Legion) suck, this has taken the premise in interesting directions.

alexpop likes this.
  7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

my wife decided it wasn't for her...i caught a few minutes and that was more than enough for me...

8. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

.9? Wow, that high.

9. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

I enjoyed it. Not a great show by any means, but let me entertained.

10. Yeah, I've enjoyed it so far. Not great by any stretch, but I don't find the dialog any chunkier than the source material (so to speak... referring to their early appearances in The Fantastic Four).

11. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

If they manage to turn things around quickly it would be quite a trick. I'll give it a chance to make more sense. In contrast The Gifted tonight had one of the best opening episodes and I'm totally hooked! This is like when I saw the first '70s Tomorrow People or picked up an X-Men comic with a 13 year old mutant on the run when I had just turned 12 (almost any other issue wouldn't have hooked me).

Also saw the finale Supergirl finally so a good night for getting away from bad news.

12. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

A yaysayer in a sea of naysayers.

13. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

The Gifted has two gorgeous gals that were in Gotham and had a cameo from Stan Lee. . . . Amy Acker is a wonderful actress so that's good news and Stephen Moyer is decent as is Garrett Dilahunt who shows up next episode. Off to a good start, though just a tad too "teen" for me . . . .

beccabear67 likes this.
  14. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

I get an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. vibe from Inhumans and a Heroes vibe from Gifted.

jlc76 and Lonson like this.
  15. Lonson

Yeah, I can see both "vibes."

16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Not bad. It definitely feels like Agents of SHIELD - a TV show and not a big budget Marvel movie.

Their mistake was raising expectations by releasing it to theaters. Even the costumes that so many were complaining about are almost all gone. I'm with it to the end, whenever that is.

17. Lonson

I've stuck with this, I wanted to like it very much, but. . . it sure is lame.

18. shokhead

Yep, belongs on the CW.

19. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Regardless of their 'histories', groups like the Inhumans and the Defenders were always considered B-listers. The tv creators would be well served by looking into exactly why this is so. Because it seems to be translating to the screen! S'funny, as a kid, I dug the Inhumans as individual characters, but not as a group. I never bought their books, same for the Defenders (I know it's not the same group, maybe thats the problem!). Now, due to my childhood prejudices, I've avoided these shows, just following my gut, and lo & behold, these threads confirm that they suk!

20. FredC

FredC Forum Resident

The show was way too reminiscent of HEROES and X-MEN to have ANY appeal. I really don't care for the copy-cat format. It was extremely hard to follow, watching only the second episode. It's too much like a Soap Opera...! I don't like the Mini-Series format, where you have to watch EVERY minute of EVERY episode to figure out what was going on.

ABC-TV..., PLEASE reinstate SHARK TANK back to your Friday night line-up! Sunday nights just don't work for me. You spoiled a Good Thing by changing it...!! ONCE UPON A TIME and INHUMANS simply don't fit the mood, ...especially leading into 20/20!

What were you THINKING...????

21. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Very disappointed in both this and the Gifted.

Too many things to list that is wrong with Inhumans, looks like a bad fan film, and Black Bolt signing is just dumb. In the comics he is like this emotionless being of immense power and Medusa speaks for him in a way we don't need to understand (is it some psychic link, is she really just speaking for herself, does she know him so well etc). Having him sign just makes him look dumb.

The Gifted I don't rate much yet. The pace of it is all wrong, far to fast, we need to care about the people before we see them in peril, and the 'world' just looks fake like a film set, they don't seem like they exist in the real world. It's cheap like those CW shows. Being a huge X-Men fan from the comics it just doesn't work as they haven't done enough to justify a world where people are being locked up or shot on sight for having minor mutant powers.

As usual Marvel make amazing films but really poor TV. I don't know why it is like that. Legion was amazing though.

22. shokhead

Yep, movies :righton:, TV not so much. Think it's just too much $$ to make them right for TV?

23. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

I'm still enjoying both The Inhumans and the Gifted...

24. Lonson

The Gifted is getting better. . . the latest episode was the best so far. I wish I could say the same for The Inhumans. I can't.

I think there IS great Marvel television though. . . but not on broadcast TV. Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Legion are great TV imo.

Jim B. likes this.
  25. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I've still got both Inhumans and The Gifted DVR'd, but always end up watching something else when the opportunity arises. I've watched a couple episodes of Inhumans, and it seems quite...dumb so far. I'll catch up at some point. Probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.