Massive Attack - Vinyl reissues 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

All the legit ones have WBRLP 2 in the deadwax on both sides and MIKE - THE EXCHANGE on SIDE A.

Other differences will be numbered stampers, but the official release are all from the original '94 lacquers and those two bolded parts will be the same.

2. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

Yeah.....I can see Mike-The Exchange and WBRLP 2 A-2-1-2 on side one.

The inner sleeve has pictures and track listing.

The bar code is 724383 98831 0

Bearing in mind that I bought this only two years ago, I just didn't think it was a legit pressing as I thought legit pressings were going for astronomical amounts as is the way with Massive Attack.

So I'm assuming this is a repress of sorts?

3. captwillard

captwillard Forum Resident

I have the original release. Bought it at a store. Didn't seem hard to get.

4. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

So are these 2016 reissues going to be remastered or simply represses?

5. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Yep it's an official repress, stampers created from the original lacquers.

Mezzanine was the much harder to find of the first three albums on vinyl until they repressed...originals were going for around $150 - $200. I haven't compared, but I'd can't imagine the Magee-cut/Optimal reissue of Mezzanine isn't far superior to the Young/Metropolis-cut/URP-pressed original.

Probably won't find out until someone posts the matrices.

6. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

Ok....yep.....I agree.

I think I also have a Blue Lines repress along with the remastered box set.

Unless these reissues are remastered and are proved to sound better, the only one I'm interested in is 100th Window.

We were promised a new Massive Attack album before the end of the year but I'm beginning to think that this might not materialise now.

dobyblue likes this.
  7. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

Heligoland [VINYL]
    This title will be released on November 25, 2016.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LY6G5LY/

I see the bonus EP doesn't seem to be included, not suprisingly...

8. iworkatinitech

iworkatinitech Forum Resident

Wow, great news! Thanks for the heads up!

9. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

The original vinyl edition was a rather lavish affair, i wonder if they will replicate it.

10. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

Wow, great news indeed.

11. iworkatinitech

Stinks that Amazon.com (US) isn't getting the Heligoland pressing...

12. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

Given that the pound is in an all time low maybe amazon uk could be a solution. They also discount the VAT if you buy from abroad.

13. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

This is all a bit weird......all I'm reading about as being re issued on 2nd Dec are the following three albums.....
    Protection
    No Protection (Mad Professor)
    Blue Lines

No mention anywhere of 100th Window.......yet on Amazon, quite a while ago I saw that 100th Window was advertised as being available from 25th November so I placed an order......it still says this is being released on 25th November and being delivered on 29th November.

I would have thought I'd have had an email telling me it's not actually available.

As I say, any of the independent record shops I buy from on line and any massive attack related articles I'm reading are only mentioning those three albums I mentioned at the top.

I guess I'll soon find out.

14. iworkatinitech

Interesting I was about to post that Amazon.com (US) just pushed the date of delivery back from 12/13 to 12/23...but now Heligoland is being offered through the US Amazon site for $34...not sure what or when to expect anything at this point.

15. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

No way because that was a release from The Vinyl Factory.

16. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

It seems that amazon.co.uk release dates for Heligoland and 100th window were clearly too optimistic, amazon.com shows next year, which is probably a more correct estimation.

17. BJRed

BJRed Well-Known Member

Would be nice if the vinyl re--issue replicated the original trifold CD jacket.

I purchased mine from my local my JB last weekend. No bar-code on back cover.
    Reissue matrix. (^ looks like an A)[​IMG]
    BD 2658^ - 0^ A^
    BD 2658^ - 0^ B^
    BD 2658^ - 0^ C^
    BD 2658^ - 0^ D^[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Cover and inners
    [​IMG]

Back Cover
    [​IMG]

CD Booklet
    [​IMG]

18. Munros1969

Munros1969 Forum Resident

Just had en email from Amazon UK advising that these titles are not available and that my order has been cancelled. Hopefully the reissues planned for 2nd December won't go the same way.

19. DumbMagician

DumbMagician Forum Resident

Excited about the No Protection reissue. My existing copy is a mispress - side one is fine but side two is the second side of Blue Lines.

20. DrewHarris

DrewHarris Forum Resident

One of the bands that got me into electronic music. This catches my attention.

21. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

It's not looking great is it? My order for the first 2 still shows as Will dispatch 3 Dec, Arriving 6 Dec - 8 Dec but I'm not sure now...

The whole thing has been odd from the start...there's been no official announcement of release, no PR for these reissues (the band has a website/twitter, after all; they could have mentioned it) and the other usual vinyl sellers haven't offered them...

That said, there are some 2016 issues of those 3 titles on ebay now (around £20 each) suggesting that things might be OK..

22. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

I'm sure that the three mentioned will be released on 2nd December. I also got the email regarding 100th Window being cancelled.

Earlier this year Massive Attack were saying there would be a new album this year......I don't think any real fan thought for one moment that that would transpire.

We've had three E.P.s to wet our appetite.

Maybe next year?

23. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

My local record store got the Blue Lines, No Protection records yesterday.

iworkatinitech likes this.
  24. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

I have the Mad Professor on CD.......just wondering if I need this on vinyl?

25. iworkatinitech

So the band's primary "blogger" responded to a tweet asking about the release date and if they (Blue Lines, Protection, No Protection) were actually being released in 2016. They confirmed and subsequently retweeted a Bristol record shops tweet about the albums being released on Friday 12/3...so here's to hoping. My Amazon order still shows 12/23 as the pending date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.