McCartney Album "NEW" (2013), part21

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Aw, he didn't call you dim, Frank, he said you were faint-hearted :)

Frank likes this.
  2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Clearly the answer would be to alter @Paul H's single lineup above. Let's say "Hell to Pay" is a vintage Macca tune. Put Struggle on the Appreciate single and move Demon's Dance to the Queenie Eye single, then our phillyfriend would have had to buy it. HA!
    :pineapple:

3. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Be careful. With that kind of anti-fan thinking the RIAA will snap you up and make you Vice President in charge of marketing!

That's me. Everyone knows I'm a big fan of the MOR stuff like Ebony and Ivory and The Girl Is Mine.

Paul H, mrjinks and theMess like this.
  4. Robber Soul

Robber Soul Forum Resident

Why not issue either a double album or a deluxe edition with all the tracks one time only? I mean I love the album and it's my favourite Paul album since Tug Of War, but now I'm going to have to buy it yet again for some additional added content? Where does it end?

I have the following versions...

- iTunes edition
    - Regular CD edition
    - Deluxe CD edition
    - Japanese CD edition
    - Vinyl edition

I'm going to buy this Collector's Edition because I do want the DVD stuff and the two previously unreleased tracks, but if I didn't have the financial means to obtain it, I would be forced to do something the artists frown upon. I swear they bring it on themselves to a certain degree.

heatherly likes this.
  5. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

QUOTE="Frank, post: 11091054, member: 13326"]Yeah - I'm just too dim to get it I guess. It's awesome, which is why it was the first single, a staple of his live shows, featured prominently in the promotion, and released world-wide.[/QUOTE]
    I am sorry that I expressed my liking of Struggle . . Of course you are right - it can t be any good since it s not the first single , not featured heavily in his liveshows, promoted or given worldwide release.
    Every serious admirer of Maccas work are well aware that the above criterias are the real proof if a Macca song are any good .
    How silly of me not to figure that out without your help. I will really try not to like this track again.:)

6. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I only have the deluxe edition, got it for like $7 because I had a Best Buy gift card but I feel like this one I'll have to buy at some point. Not on the first week unless it's a great price (below $30). If not I'll wait till it's a price I'm comfortable or next year after the holidays.

7. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I did not call anyone anything. I just expressed an understanding that Strugglr might not be liked by the faint-hearted. But if course there might be other reasons one doesn t like Struggle.
    Just as their might be many reasons to like it as well

8. Frank

Frank Senior Member

What you expressed was a disrespect for those who don't like it, saying they're too fainthearted to appreciate all its scary "musikal intelligence."

Holy smoke, was that C, G AND Am? How musikally intelligent!

9. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I can understand why you would get the Japanese CD (for the international smash hit "Struggle") and the LP (if you like vinyl), and I guess I can see getting the "Regular" and "Deluxe" CDs (collecting the covers?) ... but why on earth did you buy the iTunes version of NEW? You asked "Where does it all end?" -- it ends when you stop buying things you don't need.

10. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Once again I am sorry to showing you and others disrespect by expressing my liking of this song. In my future postings I will try and learn from the masters of nuances and humbleness that dwells here. Above all I will study your brilliant postings so that I also will master the art of expressing my wiews in a nonoffensive way.
    Once again- sorry if my clumsy and misspelled posting offended you . Faint- hearted or not.

Digital-G likes this.
  11. mrjinks

12. Paul H

I too bought the vinyl (for the artwork) and the Japanese CD (for Struggle). A third dip isn't the worst that could happen. I mean, it actually does look like a really good release...

13. mrjinks

You and me, both.
    And then Paul signed my vinyl copy, which made it all the better. Yes, I'm still all a-tizzy over that!
    :goodie:

14. Paul H

Really???? You sure it wasn't his grandad?

15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

The "clean" one?? ;) Arnie

PhoffiFozz and theMess like this.
  16. Paul H

That's the fella. I'm sure I've seen some documentary footage (black and white, I think it was) of him in some kind of basement signing stuff and then passing it off as genuine. Must try to track that down on the interwebs when I get a mo...

17. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Just received an email from Spin CDs with a UK price of £29.99. The dollar/sterling equivalency nonsense continues. Do they think nobody has noticed?

18. Paul H

Oh they know we've noticed. They've also noticed that we keep paying up.

She is anyway likes this.
  19. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

The pound is sinking

20. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

But Scotland just voted to remain in the UK. So the pound (right now) is rising. ;) Arnie

21. Paul H

I was keeping away from that. You know, political commentary and all that :)

That said, it was odd today waking up wondering whether my country had changed...

mrjinks, She is anyway and theMess like this.
  22. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Does that mean that Mull of Kintyre still is part of Great Britain

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    She is anyway and theMess like this.
  23. She is anyway

She is anyway Well-Known Member

Yes. Keeping Britain Kintyrey.

mrjinks, Paul H and theMess like this.
  24. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Technically it means it is part of the United Kingdom which is what the referendum was about. The two terms are not interchangable.

25. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Although Scotland is also a part of Great Britain (alongside England and Wales), and thus also a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.