McIntosh MT2

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Eric Weinraub, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident Thread Starter

I know that McIntosh and Project have a very tight partnership. Pro-ject's tube boxes are all made by McIntosh or so their rep told me. The new MT2 looks like a Pro-ject clone at $4000 that is mighty steep.

Tanqueray likes this.
  2. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I’ve not heard of a project/McIntosh collaboration. They have contracted production of their turntable design to clearaudio in the past and I’d think this one is as well.

I really don’t think McIntosh is making anything for a tubebox.

3. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was at a McIntosh event here in Portland. Their rep was at the event and I commented to him about how great the Tube Box II is. He said it should be, we're making it for them.

4. Tanqueray

Tanqueray Forum Resident

Clearaudio is behind Mcintosh's Turntables ....the MT5 and MT 2 use Sumiko Cartridges and the Flagship MT10 uses a Rebadge Talismann V2 Gold Cartridge.............as far as Ive confirmed from Mcintosh Dealers there is no collaboration with Project in any way or area............Also All Mcintosh gear is made in either the US or Germany( 3 of their Turntables) Only 2 products are Made in China(that I am aware of) the MHA50(Portable Decoding Amplifier)and the RS100(Wireless Loudspeaker System)...........The rear of the Project Tube Box II does not show exactly where its made, but only shows Project Audio Systems, Vienna, Austria .......if this gear was made by Mcintosh you would think it would say Made in USA or Made in China(maybe)? . It would not be Made in Germany, because that the "Clearaudio Connection"..........I dunno, but this does not strike me as a product made by Mcintosh, but I cant say 100%......however with the info thats out there it seems kinda unlikely .

[​IMG]

5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Wouldn't be the first time a company rep blurted out complete BS.

Tanqueray likes this.
  6. Tanqueray

Tanqueray Forum Resident

I agree .................but hey you never know these days .....

7. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Well-Known Member

Question on the MT-10. I realize this is a Clearaudio based TT with some McIntosh stuff. ;) But does anyone know which Clearaudio TT the MT-10 is based on? Just curious. The Innovation Wood TT is more expensive and the Ovation is less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.