Mel Brooks Box set out

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff Thread Starter

"Mel Brooks Box Set Collection (Blazing Saddles / Young Frankenstein / Silent Movie / Robin Hood: Men in Tights / To Be or Not to Be / History of the World, Part 1 / The Twelve Chairs / High Anxiety)"

Wow, that snuck up on me! AllI really need is "High Anxiety", though. The box: $99 list, $69 Amazon. Hopefully they'll release individual titles.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

It's currently being discussed in the thread on April 4, DVD releases, too. Click here.

3. Jerry

Thanks Ken! I'm going there now. Or then. Or is now then. Wait a minute. I HATE Spaceballs..

4. what no braveheart? ;)

must admit! I've never seen any of the movies offered in this box set! :/

EDIT: OMG haha I thought it read Mel Gibson!!! IGNORE ME lol sorry guys

5. GKH

GKH Senior Member

Whoa!!! You've never seen "Young Frankenstein"???!!! Buy it! Steal It!!! See It!!! It is one of the very funniest movies of all-time. Plus; they use the actual laboratory equipment from the very first "Frankenstein"!! It's AWESOME!!!!! :righton: :righton: :righton:

6. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Pickle- Wait, how many of these movies have you seen? You have to see Young Frankenstein. Blazing Saddles and HIstory of the World are musts as well.

7. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Are you sure the equipment is not from "Bride of Frankenstein"? Anyway, it's pretty cool either way. IMHO, "Blazing Saddles" is the must-see title if you can only see one of them, but Young Frankenstein is a close second.

Regards,

8. I haven't seen any of those movies ... even young frankenstien ... honestly I don't think I've ever seen a Frakenstien movie ever accept for the adams family (but I don't think he was in that?) haha

sorry to dissapoint! :D

9. GKH

GKH Senior Member

And; again, the one often overlooked movie here is, "Robin Hood - Men In Tights". I laughed so damn hard, beer was coming out my nose! :D

10. GKH

GKH Senior Member

I'm pretty sure in the credits, it says: Original Frankenstein Laboratory Equipment. A pure classic!!!! And; the outtakes on the DVD are funnier than hell!!!!

And; again, the one often, overlooked movie here is, "Robin Hood - Men in Tights"! I laughed so hard, beer was coming out my nose!!! :D

11. Beatlelennon65

Pickle, get together with a few friends and for gods sake watch these movies. Ya, they are stupid, but they are soooo funny.

12. Beatlelennon65

I like the part in YF when they are going over the will and talking about the qualifications for the inheritance. The one lady says "oh, ****." Priceless.

13. GKH

GKH Senior Member

What they are is, Brilliant Comedy! Mel Brooks is genius in this genre! :righton: :righton: :righton:

14. GKH

GKH Senior Member

It is often said to be the most quoted comedy of all-time. Not to mention, Marty Feldman as Igor! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[​IMG]

15. Jerry

Young Frankenstein. A perfect movie. Not one frame wasted, great writing, acting, timing & cinematography. My all-time favorite movie.

Pickle, you mean "Addams Family", with 2 "d's", after the cartoonist's work that it was based on, Charles Addams.

The YF set was from "Bride of" as far as I know.

16. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

I thought I read somewhere that these are not available separately. :shake: I hope I'm wrong.I already have YF and BS.I'd like to get some of the others but don't want to buy these over again.

17. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

If I were President, this would be grounds for loss of citizenship.

Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles and The Producers (the original one) are some of the funniest movies of all time. You need to be healthy to watch YF or you could hurt yourself from laughing so hard.

Just remember, things could always be worse -- it might be raining.

18. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Nice plan, but Pickle's Canadian. :biglaugh:

19. lol Okay Okay I get it ... must rent Young Frakenstien! haha

*will that GET me citizenship?* :laugh:

20. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

:o Oops! Maybe she started in the US, and this is why she had to leave.

In my role as President, I hereby confer upon Pickle honorary US citizenship. :wave:

21. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I think YF is finally anamorphic...will check it out tonight!

22. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

Pickle, also rent "The Producers" (not the remake).

23. yay! I know the Anthem and everything ... unlike many many Americans :D lol

24. GKH

GKH Senior Member

Just buy it!!!

Here is a little info about "Young Frankenstein".. Oh! It's in Black & White, too!! :righton:

Frankenstein (1931) Dr. Frankenstein creates a simple creature from various body parts. The creature turns into a monster when Dr. Frankenstein rejects him. Sticking close to the original novel, we are guided through the store of Frankensteins quest for knowledge, and his creates search for his 'father'. How: Many of the characters are from this movie: Dr. Frankenstein, Elizabeth, Igor (called Fritz in "Frankenstein"), and, of course, the monster (which in "Young Frankenstein" has a zipper in his neck). The basic story line is the same also: The Doctor goes gravedigging, the hunchbacked assistant is sent to retrieve a brain and takes the abnormal one, the monster is created and then goes on a rampage...villagers get mad...monster kidsnaps fiancee....yadda yadda.... Not to Mention, "Young Frankenstein" uses the original lab equipment from the film and parts of the film can be heard when Fredrick first enters the laboratory. Also, The scene with the Little Girl throwing flowers into the well is almost identical to a scene in the original Frankenstein where the monster and little girl are throwing flowers and when they run out of flowers the monster throws in the little girl. Horrible in "Frankenstein", Horribly Funny in "Young Frankenstein".

Young Frankenstein

25. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Any idea when they'll offer "High Anxiety" as a stand alone title? That's really the only one I'm interested in, since I own most of the others already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.