Millennium

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by averica, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. averica

averica infinite rider on the big dogma Thread Starter

been watching this as i missed it in the 90's. on season 3 now.all three seasons very different in tone(different showrunners and producers and such) but im enjoying it.
    any fans?

RickH likes this.
  2. MKHopkins

MKHopkins Break out the Hats and Hooters

I liked it very much. I have the DVDs but have only re watched the first couple of episodes. Lance Henriksen is great.

Wait till you see the finale, it is mind blowing.

3. Loved it. Intense debut and wish it went on a bit longer but they sort of settled the ending.

4. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

I am a huge fan and amazingly I came here today to ask the same question. I found some old podcasts in my ITunes from some folks who were trying to resurrect the show as either a limited series or TV movie for a few years and I started researching how that was going. Not well. Starting a DVD rewatch this weekend. Unfortunately, I already know all about the decline season to season. But I love the show anyway.

Mazzy likes this.
  5. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I'm a huge fan of this. I had every episode recorded on tape at the time & boughts the DVD sets when available. I liked season 2 better than 1 but thought season 3 was a pretty sharp decline. If they had ended the series with season 2, it would have been one of the ballsiest series finales in history. Very creative & risktaking.

6. averica

im midway through season 3..some decent episodes mixed in..but im wondering what the hell is going on with Peter Watts...i guess all will be explained

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

LONG LIVE JOSE CHUNG!!!!!

8. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Is this currently streaming anywhere?

9. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Another series I started way back when but lost interest. I remember liking the first two seasons but quit watching this show along with X-Files when it started the third. I picked up the complete series DVD set when it came out and I keep meaning to watch it again and finish the series.

10. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I had to be checked into a psychiatric hospital halfway through season two. I asked if I could watch the newest episode on the TV in the lounge and after a bit into it the orderlies made me turn it off because it was so dark and twisted. :D

SandAndGlass likes this.
  11. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

The Lucy Butler episodes were horror at its best.

DigMyGroove and jlocke08 like this.
  12. averica

agreed! i recently saw Antipas.very dark.

13. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

I was devoted to this series when it first aired. It surpassed the X Files for me in terms of story, acting, and my general anticipation for each episode. I have all three seasons on DVD and revisit them from time to time. Excellent.

Scotian likes this.
  14. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

for the Millennium fans-at least those that are not aware-there s a book called Back to Frank Black made by people devoted to trying to bring the character back to TV , possibly a movie or limited series. I believe the campaign to accomplish that has ended but the book is very good. Also, one of the gentleman involved in the campaign has produced a documentary film called Millennium After The Millennium. To commemorate the 20 year anniversary of the series the filmmakers reached out to many actors and creators of the series to discuss the ongoing love for the show. It appears that the initial run of DVD's for the film have sold but also appears that a BD is soon to be released by Factory Film Studio. More details on the webpage.Millennium After The Millennium
    [​IMG]
    Lance Henriksen's autobiography is pretty good too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scotian likes this.
  15. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Definitely a show that's hit cult status.

Mazzy likes this.
  16. averica

ugh.i hate that Emma betrayed Frank...

17. I watched the first season but kind of went off it when it started getting really supernatural. I was hoping they were going to keep it more real, so to speak.

18. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Aww, man!
    The episode with the three devils.....CLASSIC!

babyblue likes this.
  19. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Started great but really went off the rails after awhile. One of the weirdest shows ever I think. Lance is always great to watch though.

alexpop likes this.
  20. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

No continuity storyline episodes ?

21. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

There have been some fantastic episodes of Millennium, and the final two episodes of season 2 are some of the best TV I've ever watched.

I don't think I've ever been as excited about a show returning for the next season. I HAD to know what happened... and I've never been more disappointed.

I was so disappointed, I didn't even finish watching season 3. I've got all three seasons on DVD, and will re-watch them, at some point, but it really left me jaded.

Scotian likes this.
  22. There is a lovely peaceful end to the series. There are highs and lows in all three seasons but overall an excellent series.

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I was a die-hard watcher and fan back when it originally aired, but for the life of me I can't remember much about the show, and only one episode still sticks in my mind, the one where the villain is cooking people in the industrial-size microwave. Then again, I may be misremembering. I should take the opportunity to rewatch.

John K.

24. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Got 1-3 dvd box complete. Watched a few episodes but not impressed. Thought there would be some continuity episodes. But agree on Lance though.

25. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

There more continuity as the series progresses. Each episode except for a couple of two parters was meant as a standalone episode but there is a much longer story arc especially through season 2 & the last half of season 1.

alexpop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.