Mission: Impossible FALLOUT (2018 Tom Cruise film)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

I saw M.I. Fall Out this afternoon and loved it. Great pace and full of twists and turns, mission cock-ups and surprises. Simply masterful action-suspense movie making to the last gasp. Hats off to Christopher McQuarrie (director/writer/produce), Eddie Hamilton (Editor) and of course to good old Tom.

coffeetime and Karnak like this.
  2. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Howza - how did you get to that level? 400 wpm is considered a "good reader"

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

I haven't been tested for years. In high school decades ago, I took a speed-reading class. After the initial test on the first day, the instructor said, "I want to test you again." I took the test again in an empty classroom. He checked it out and said, "well, you're already reading somewhere around 2000wpm, so we can't help you. Just sit in the back of the class and don't say anything, and I'll give you a passing grade." So that was the last time they checked it. Been awhile.

4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Saw it yesterday
    Very fun and a good summer movie
    Went to 1130am showing and it was almost full

coffeetime likes this.
  5. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I saw this MI Fallout this past Sunday in the mid afternoon in 3D. It was a slightly older style theater. No recliner seating. There were around 2o people in the theater.

I really enjoyed it. I'm not into Cruise at all but he did good in this movie. It was a suspenseful movie with a lot of surprises and great action stunts and cinematography. stunning. I'd like to see in in IMAX but will never get that chance.
    I would def buy this on bluray 3D if it gets released that way. Very enjoyable and I'd like to see it again!

6. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

15 min too long, but a damn good ride. The 4th is still the best. Followed by the 3rd. And I think I might put the 5th slighty ahead of this.

7. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Considering "Ethan Hunt" wasn't in the TV show, and was invented for the first movie, there's no reason they couldn't introduce a "protege" and have him (or her?) take over as the focus of the franchise moving forward. I think trying to perpetually recast "Ethan Hunt" as a younger actor over and over again would definitely draw (rightfully) unflattering comparisons to Bond.

8. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

They could also dare to go with a female role if they chose to choose a new lead actor.

9. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I hated that. Thought something was wrong with the projection in the first 10 min. But then the intro came and I saw JJ Abrams name

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

There couldn’t possibly have been more lens flares than there were in JJ’s first Star Trek movie.

He’s only peripherally involved in Mission Impossible, I don’t think he has lens flare approval.

BZync and David Campbell like this.
  11. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Wow! That ability must come in handy when going through some of those SHF Beatle-related threads that can run to hundreds of pages and many thousands of posts! :D

12. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

My parents just came out of the movie theater after seeing this.

Spitfire likes this.
  13. Metralla

Not necessary - posters are just saying the same things over and over again.

dewey02 likes this.
  14. I betcha the rest of the audience did too. :tiphat:

15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

16. Metralla

yeah, there was clearly something missing from his post - in fact a whole lot of something.

17. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Is this an actual post or a zen koan?

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

There's a point where my eyes glaze over and I have to click to the next page. Just because I can read quickly doesn't mean I'm going to read everything.

19. MikaelaArsenault

Actual post.

And I'm not a "his."

20. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Really wanted to see this on the big screen, but went on holiday with the kids and when I got back my local cinema had already pulled it (after two weeks).

Guess it didn't do that well in the UK.... :(

21. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Just saw it today and thoroughly enjoyed it. There wasn't a slow spot in it at all.

coffeetime likes this.
  22. Metralla

OK, that's a big mistake on my part and I apologise. I should have looked more carefully; I know a Mishaela and she is definitely not a "his".

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  23. Metralla

In favour of what?

24. MikaelaArsenault

It's all good. :cool:

25. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

The Meg!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.