MNosound from left channel on Clearaudio cart??

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by GARY KLEIN, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GARY KLEIN

GARY KLEIN Active Member Thread Starter

Guys just got a pre-owned Clearaudio titanium2 cart- There is no sound coming from left channel- when I put a dif. cart.in it works fine- The dealer I bought it from said he tried it before sending it to me and it worked fine???
    It is hooked to a Origin Conq. tonearm-
    Since it works with a dif.cart. and not with the clearaudio I assuming there is a problem with the clearaudio cart.even though the dealer said it worked fine- Am I missing something??- thanks

2. patrickd

patrickd Forum Resident

Sounds like the arm and its wiring is ok from your description (working fine with another cartridge) so the Titanium 2 seems to be the source...I presume you tried jiggling with the connection, just in case?

3. GARY KLEIN

GARY KLEIN Active Member Thread Starter

Patrick-thks- Yes I checked the wires- again seems strange that the dealer said it worked fine but does not work for me??

4. patrickd

patrickd Forum Resident

Sounds like there's a problem with the cartridge connection. And on Memorial weekend too, sod's law, so there's no quick fix. If it's not the wire connection and there's no obvious problem with the pins on the cartridge, I think you need to send it back. I've not experienced this problem so hard to imagine the source but sometimes the simplest answer is it --- everything good with another cartridge, not with this one --- the finger points one direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.