Modern mediabook/digibook packaging issues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by raimiz1991inc, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raimiz1991inc

raimiz1991inc Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure most of you are familiar with this packaging that's being used nowadays, especially by releases and re-releases by Kscope, Inside/Out and such. They are really beautiful and lush, especially the artwork presentation and album covers, but I still prefer the jewelcase and double/triple fatboy cases.

However when the release contains three discs or the booklet is bulky I am furious because the booklet tears apart from the inner spine and becomes loose inside the packaging, often times even falling out of the digibook onto the floor and damaging the artwork and, whenever the case, the DVD tucked inside the envelope attached at the end of the artwork. I have a couple of releases that suffer from this detached artwork issue, Porcupine Tree's Anesthetize, Anathema's A Sort of Homecoming, The Optimist and Falling Deeper and a 13th Floor Elevators Bull of the Woods (Charly 2CD release), the last two of which don't even have thick booklets.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate it when this happens. I even sold my Porcupine Tree CD/BluRay twice for cheap to buy another one and hope I get an intact artwork. Maybe many of you don't mind, but I find it incredibly annoying when this happens. Worst of all is that there are no other alternatives to some of these albums, they all come in this format with the DVD/BluRay. I admit they are really fair priced and cheap though, especially the Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree releases, but I rather have a standard packaging that won't come apart.

What do you guys think of this format and what are some of your experiences?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.