Mötley Crue remasters....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone know why Hip-O Records release the complete backkatalog beginning of March again?

Elektra just reissued all records with bonus tracks in 2000.

2. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

Actually, those reiusses were on Beyond Records. The Crue got their catalog back after Nikki Sixx called the head of Elektra a "c*nt." Beyond has had serious financial trouble and as far as I know are out of business. Beyond was distributed by Universal and since Hip-O is a Universal label, and since the inventory is still in the wharehouse, that is probably why it has happened that way.

I am not sure if it will get remastered again or whatever, but this is better for the Crue. Under the present system at Universal, it was NOT actively covered by the catalog department (along with Queen and on some level, The Stones) because it was an "associated label". Meaning that, it was not actively marketed and sold like a regular catalog title, ala Hendrix, Skynyrd, Motown etc. Like it or not, the Crue were one of the biggest, if not THE biggest band of the 80s.

BOB

3. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

I wonder if these are going to be straight reissues of the recent batch of remasters. My guess is that will probably be the case. They did a pretty good job with them, in my estimation. Some interesting unreleased tracks surfaced on these discs.

This is about the only good news, as the band is pretty much over. Nikki is concentrating on outside projects and Vince is on that WB reality show where the has-beens live together, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the next Motley album.

:p

4. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

Kris Solem @Future Disc did a good job, although he avoided a flat transfer and modernized the sound a lot! The remasters sounds better than ever!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.