Mom (TV series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Oct 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident Thread Starter

So, what became of Christy's kids? Abducted by aliens, like Chuck Cunningham and the daughter on Bonnie? I thought the show was funnier with them and the stoner ex-husband than it is now with the addiction group.

SteelyNJ, mace and PonceDeLeroy like this.
  2. mace

mace Forum Resident

Definitely has taken a dive after disappearance of kids and sobering of ex.

3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I'd disagree. I've been a fan for awhile and honestly, I hadn't even noticed that the ex and the kids were missing until it was mentioned in this thread!;)

4. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

They've changed direction with this show again. I'm just wondering what path it will take once Bonnie and Hot Wheels get married.

5. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

I really liked this show for a couple of seasons. For some reason mid way through the third season - I think it's the third, it could be the fourth - I became tired of the story lines and the broad, forced comedy. Maybe it was just the writing for me.

I really like the dynamic of Alison and Anna - their comedic timing is perfect. The rest of the cast feed off them well. I am also a big fan of William Fichtner though I didn't get his character too much or what they were doing with him. I don't relate well to stories of women going through relationship issues. I liked the stories about alcoholics working life out. But I bet many do like the relationship angle and Mom is a big show. Even without the kids I wish them a long run.

I really miss the end card though.

6. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

I heard Christie's daughter is returning.

7. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

A show called "Mom" doesn't have kids? :crazy:

8. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

Yes it does . . . Christy (to Bonnie). ;)

The Hud likes this.
  9. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

:doh:

It is too early for me to be smart, apparently. :)

Jeff Minn likes this.
  10. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident Thread Starter

I also miss French Stewart as the head chef at the restaurant. He was hysterical.

11. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I don't miss the kids at all. It's the only show we watch religiously. The ex husband's time was up as well, and don't get me started on his wife.
    The female professor character has potential. And the guy who plays Adam is really doing a great job. the 'buying the bar' idea has some interesting potential.
    I do think they missed a chance to have some more fun with that Amazonian woman who Christy was trying to sponsor, she was funny.

We have personal reasons for finding tons of humor in this show. I'll say that and stop.

12. utopiarun

utopiarun "on the road to Utopia"

I liked it better with the kids and the ex-husband. Not crazy about Adam and his drinking in every episode. How does Bonnie put up with that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.