Monkees Season Two DVD Box Nov. 18th

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by reechie, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reechie

reechie Senior Member Thread Starter

Kind of lost in the shuffle with all the Beatle related stuff coming out next Tuesday, is that Rhino will release the complete second season box set of The Monkees on DVD. This time around, they got Micky Dolenz in to do commentary, specifically on the episode he directed (Dolenz was conspicuously absent from the first box's commentary tracks). The lost special 33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee is included in the set, with commentary by guest star Brian Auger.

I'll be getting it eventually, but with all this other stuff scheduled for the same day, it'll probably have to wait awhile.
    :rolleyes:

2. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Thanks for the information. I'll also be getting the set. My 14 year old daughter had a great time watching the first season's episodes with me.

3. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Jeez, I haven't even gotten around to watching season one yet. It's been sitting there for months.

4. LtPepper

LtPepper Forum Resident

Also have to go on my wish list with all the Beatles releases on the 18th.:(

5. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

The best on-line price I've seen so far is 53 dollars and change at deepdiscountdvd.com.

6. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

I wish they would put out a DVD with all the song performances from The Monkees shows.
    That would be a great Cd.

7. reechie

reechie Senior Member Thread Starter

I think I still have an old VHS tape from the 80's where somebody privately did just that.

One of the features of the DVD sets is that you can play just the songs if you want, but unfortunately, only the ones contained on the individual discs, not the entire series of song romps at once.

8. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

yea, if they issued that, most people would buy only the songs disk!!

9. telliott

telliott Senior Member

Anyone know of a good deal for both season sets together?

Tim

10. LtPepper

LtPepper Forum Resident

Haven't seen any 'combo' deals. The best price I have found for either set has been on deepdiscountdvd.com.

$53.84 for season 1
    $53.17 for season 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.