More Stargate? A Big Possible replacement

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by crimsoncing, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crimsoncing

crimsoncing New Member Thread Starter

I found this little earth shattering announcment this Am while enjoying my morning coffee. Mind you, I think this season of Stargate SG1 is the worst one ever, this, if it happens, could be a very GOOD thing. As much as I hate to say it, Richard Dean Anderson is dragging the show down. We need a shot in the arm and it looks like we got it!!!!!! :goodie:

OPEN STARGATE
    We've got good news for fans of Sci Fi's Stargate SG-1 and great news for fans of Farscape: TV Guide Online has learned exclusively that when SG-1 begins its ninth season, Farscape hunk Ben Browder will join the long-running series as a regular. In the meantime, the show is continuing its efforts to hammer out a deal to keep erstwhile MacGyver Richard Dean Anderson (who has been with SG-1 since its 1997 debut) on board, at least in a limited capacity. Whatever happens when all the moondust settles, SG-1 returns to finish out its eighth season on Jan. 21, when it will take over the 8 pm/ET time slot to accommodate the addition of Battlestar Galactica to the net's lineup at 10. And although no reason for the cast shake-up was given, I'm pretty sure Elton John will explain it all to us shortly. How can we be so sure? Oh, keep reading; you'll see :righton:

2. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Well, I do think that Ben Browder may be introduced as a replacement for Richard Dean Anderson on the #1 Team, but not as a replacement for Anderson as a cast member. Keep in mind that he wanted his role cut back and production moved from Vancouver to L.A. so that he could be nearer his family. Personally, I don't believe that the shows inconsistency this season is the fault of Anderson; in fact, in the best episodes he had more prominence (screen time) than other cast members. One of the problems is that there has been a shift in the show's dynamics as a result of his character being promoted to the rank of General along with the logical desk-bound inactivety which coincides with his new position and the added responsibility of being over the entire instalation. BTW, Richard Dean Anderson is one of the show's Producers and has been for awhile, so he apparently does have some say in the production as well as a stake in it's continued success. :D

:cheers:
    Cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.