most distubing scenes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sidewinder572, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregY

GregY New Member

It was beheaded, gutted and roasted, if I remember correctly. It was a sea turtle.

2. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

I'm not a fan of the gory stuff and some of the previously mentioned sounds very disturbing.

In a non-gory vein, the hand to hand combat scene in "Saving Private Ryan" where the one soldier slowly pushes a knife into the other while laying on top of him.

To me, disturbing on a number of levels. :eek:

3. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

I didn't like the stabbing scene in "Syd and Nancy"

4. reechie

reechie Senior Member

The finale of Electra Glide In Blue.

5. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Thomas did a FEW strange flicks before he settled into the John-Boy role. There was one I saw on TV called "You'll Like My Mother" or something to that effect, which involved Patty Duke being held hostage in a house by some woman and Thomas as her lunatic son. The movie was just W E I R D.

I like The Waltons a lot, so seeing good-ole John-Boy terrorizing Patty Duke was a bit, shall we say, odd.

6. ZappaSG

ZappaSG New Member

Anyone remember some movie called "Parents" or something to that effect. I remember this scene where a small boy was watching a hand getting shredded in a garbage disposal and it was so disturbing I changed the channel!

7. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

The chocolate bar in the bathtub scene in Gummo. My friend still wants to hurl anytime I mention it.

8. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Is this the one with Randy Quaid and Mary Beth Hurt as the cannibal parents of the kid who discovers their "secret"?

9. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

The whipping scene in Passion of the Christ.

10. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

Yeah, that was particularly unpleasant. Especially with the colour of the bathwater. Then again, Gummo has a number of disturbing scenes in it. Certainly one of the stranger DVD's I own.

11. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Yeah -- I'm not easily disturbed or violence-squeamish but man, that did it.

12. Tetrack

Tetrack Forum Resident

Bad Boy Bubby

When Bubby's mother has sex with him. A great film though!

13. mpstuff

mpstuff Forum Resident

I'd second that one.

For me, it is the scene in "Seven" when Brad Pitt's character is told to open the box at the end... Actually, the entire movie is very disturbing.

14. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Me too, I found it so disturbing I got up and left. Then I got in trouble with the wife because I came back in a few minutes with nachos. :D

15. bw

bw Forum Resident

Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer.

The scene where the killers pull over and put their car hood up to look like they need help. A young guy pulls over to ask if he can help and they execute him. The randomness of it is terrifying.

16. Tubeman

Tubeman New Member In Memoriam

OMG, I've been sitting here for an hour, I was beginning to think I was totally desensitized. But I do remember for some reason Tommy Lee Jones decapitated head in Natural Born Killers got me the first time I watched it.

17. jpm-boston

jpm-boston Forum Resident

I always thought that the end of "Braveheart" was disturbing - when Mel Gibson gets his intestines ripped out. I love that movie but I always fast forward through that scene for some reason - even though they don't actually show it.

18. scott palmiter

scott palmiter Senior Member

that whole film gives me the creeps. i first saw it by myself, in chicago (where the film was shot), after midnight, and then drove an hour home back to the friendly suburbs. :sigh: :eek: :eek: :bigeek: :bigeek:

19. Oyama

Oyama Senior Member

For me it was the "Crucifix" scene in The Exorcist! Man was that sick!

20. spillville

spillville New Member

Definitely "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" for me.
    A couple of other scenes that are disturbing long after viewing:
    The home invasion murders filmed with the Handicam.
    The scene where Henry breaks the prostitute's neck (and the disposal of both prostitutes' bodies).
    Even some of the less explicit scenes really give me the creeps.

21. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

You OWN this?!?! I just remember a bag of cats and CLICK. Off it went. I knew the DP - he died in his sleep last year.

JEFF!

22. GregY

GregY New Member

The scene where Henry talks about what happened to his mom always gives me the willies.

23. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

The end of Looking for Mr. Goodbar

24. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

The end of "It's A Wonderful life". I get amazed where they distribute all of that money out to George.

Oh wait...you said disturbed....

Never mind.....

25. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

So how'd they get away with that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.