Most entertaining commercials

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

My favorite commercials for the last year or so have been the Geico car insurance commercials featuring the little Gecko. Great ad concept!:thumbsup:

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I vote for any with hot, scantily-clad women!

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

I guess you watch a lot of Stayfree "V" pantyliners, Fruit Of The Loom, and Haines For Her commercials, eh?:D

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Ever see the mini-van one (Chrysler, I think) where they introduced two sliding rear doors?

Two kids, each in their own snowforts opposite a stop sign. So any car that stops there gets zinged by two snowballs, one from each side.

Mini-van stops. Kids take aim and fire! But both van doors slide open and the snowballs go through the car - and they hit each other :eek: .

:D

There used to be commercial awards of some sort. There was (is?) a restaurant here that simply showed the most innovative commercials from across the world. Some were brilliant - and most were from Europe.

There was one that Oatsdad would have loved. It involved two steamrooms (M and F), half naked people and a newspaper. That's all I can tell you or I'll get Gorted! :eek:

PS: My appologies to those of you that are not familiar with snow forts or snow balls. If required, we have a spare room and shovel for some lovely "first hand" experience.... winter's coming! ;)

5. Kym

Kym Former Resident

I like any of the Sprint commercials with the "mis-heard" calls, like Captain & Tennille in the end zone, "bring Richard Simmons," etc. :D

6. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I like those Sprint commercials too.

7. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Maybe a bit of a cheat, but the half-hour infomercial for the Westinghouse cordless vacuum cleaner, starring John Cleese, had me laughing out loud! I would love to see them issue this on video/DVD!

8. b&w

b&w Forum Resident

For me it's gotta be the one time only shown Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Ridley Scott directed masterpiece. As for something more current I think the Jack in the Box commercials that have been running for the past few years can often be excellent. THe current one where they break into dancing for the new Shake line is great. I also very much enjoyed the BMW line of the Hire, though those were really mini films and didn't get much commercial time.

9. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

"Hey, that thing got a Hemi?"

10. Aquateen

Aquateen Forum Resident

11. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Those were great!:D They don't do them anymore?
    Dan C

12. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

A lot of beer ads are funny these days, they've shifted away from most of the T&A they used to do (but they still sneak some in there and I ain't complaining;) )

My favorites are for Bud (I think) with the "Howyadoin'" guys. I love the ones with that Texan who keeps chatting to the confused Jersey boys, "I'm greaaat. I just flew in today, you sure got a big airport. People are real nice around here..." :)

Dan C

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

As long as the woman are a) hot, and b) scantily-clad, it could be a commercial for an airline - doesn't matter to me! :D

14. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I only saw this one once. The girl leaves the room to slip into something more comfortable. The guy pops a breath mint in his mouth. The dog (a boxer or bulldog type) laying on the floor perks up, sniffs the air & jumps on the guys lap & starts french kissing him. The girl walks in looking shocked. Quite a funny one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.