Movies where you laughed so hard...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Joel1963, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I had to stop that movie about The Joke twice in the first half hour cuz I was howling so hard I was in physical pain. But it got old really quick...........
    My college girlfriend laughed so hard at Woody's Everything You Wanted to Know (rabbi & pork sequence) that she fell out of her chair.
    Around 15 years later............I showed my wife the Woody segment in NY Stories and she also fell out of her chair. I've never seen someone cry with laughter so long as she did that night.

2. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Clockwise with John Cleese, particularly the scene where his car gets stuck in the field. Most of the others mentioned here I know probably had me laughing very hard at some point, but this movie is the one I remember my reaction most. I saw it in a cinema in England when it came out and the whole audience was roaring.

John K.

3. ress4279

ress4279 Senior Member

"Where's Poppa?" is the movie. Ruth Gordon plays George Segal's mother. She lives with him and she's driving him crazy. He wants to get her out and runs into her bedroom in a gorilla outfit. He leaps on her bed, jumping and roaring and she punches him in the balls. It is one of those things you just don't expect.

4. BuddhaBob

BuddhaBob Forum Resident

Monkey Business. 1931.

5. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Little Miss Sunshine

The moment when van is pulled over by the police officer. Another funny moment here:

PennyLanes likes this.
  6. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

Box Of Moonlight (John Turturro), 40 Year Old Virgin (Steve Carell) and The Evil Dead (Bruce Campbell).

7. SMcFarlane

SMcFarlane Forum Resident

Box of Moonlight was a great little film!

dogpile likes this.
  8. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

I think the hardest/longest I ever laughed in the theatre was at South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.

sparkydog and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  9. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

Life
    American Pie
    See No Evil Hear No Evil

10. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Anchorman 2 definitely had its moments. Not many, but some.

11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

mad, mad, mad, world where Jonathon Winters tears up the gas station.....

jupiterboy likes this.
  12. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

One of my great childhood memories was seeing Holy Grail as a young kid with my best friend (my parents dropped us off!), and basically laughing our asses off for an hour and a half. There weren't many kids my age who "got" the Pythons. Seeing our heroes on the big screen was almost too much to take. This is the only movie I can quote along with every line of dialogue-it makes it really hard for me to show this movie to others who haven't seen it. I still use lines from it on a daily basis. The only other one that comes close is Spinal Tap.
    "There's some lovely filth over here!"

ganma likes this.
  13. Complier

Complier Senior Member

The Meaning Of Life
    The In-laws (1979)
    Up In Smoke

14. Borat
    A Fish Called Wanda
    Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life

15. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

While both preceded my arrival on this planet (read it any way you want smiley-alien-hi.png ), I second Holy Grail and Spinal Tap, which I discovered in my late teens - the former leaving me floored by its profound sociopolitical commentary dressed in such absurdity; and - regarding the latter - while the mockumentary as a comedic vehicle is now passé, it just rocked my virgin world at that point....bladder leakage!/K

16. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

The only thing that I've ever seen in a movie that had me laughing in the middle of the night -- out-loud -- after I got home from the theatre was the airport scanner scene in This is Spinal Tap. I saw that on opening night at the King Cinema in Seattle, and just about died. Still gets me to this day, and I've probably seen that movie 20 times or more.

PennyLanes likes this.
  17. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

The Exorcist.

18. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

The campfire scene in "Blazing Saddles" had me rolling in the aisle. Of course, I was 10 at the time.

19. Macman

Macman Senior Member

The toilet scene in Dumb and Dumber and the vomit scene in The Meaning of Life had me in tears. I'm not sure what that says about me, but I've never laughed harder.

20. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

A Film With Me in It

21. Reed

Reed Forum Resident

Coming to America.... the scene with Randy Watson & Sexual Chocolate. That's tops for me...

sound chaser likes this.
  22. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles! Police Academy & The Castle!

23. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

The scene in Bowfinger where Steve Martin is having Eddie Murphy cross the insanely traffic-heavy freeway for a movie scene. Then, when he asks him to do it a second time, Eddie's in tears!!

Standoffish, PennyLanes and xdawg like this.
  24. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Vernon, Florida
    The King of Comedy
    Putney Swope
    Lolita (the opening scene with the “because” speach)

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

absolutely hilarious and one of the grossest "dinner" scenes ever!

Macman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.