Munsters or Addams Family? My boy wants to know...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by spice9, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member

Without a doubt the Addams. Its like comparing the Stooges to Marx Brothers, You want my Harspicord!!!!

2. jblock

jblock Senior Member

The Munsters. My youngest daughter (8) loves them on DVD.

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Munsters was the funnier show, but John Astin had great comic timing on the Addams Family. He shoulda won an Emmy or two.

4. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Always preferred The Munsters as a kid but really appreciate The Addams Family as I got older. The Munsters was very juvenile compared to the Addams Family.

5. No, Yvonne DeCarlo was so beautiful as a young lady, 34C-23-35. She was even beautiful by movie star standards. Caroline Jones was attractive, but I don't think that comparison is even close.

I think Fred Gwynne's portrayal of Herman was on a par with John Astin as Gomez, both were just perfect for their respective roles. Overall, a slight edge to The Addams family here, but both were entertaining for me.

Chris

6. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

I was in my mid-teens when both shows aired and I preferred The Munsters because they had that really cool car and don't forget the Standells appeared on the show once.

Addams Family was too subtle for me, remember I was in my mid-teens. I believe AF was broadcast on Friday nights, so I was usually busy going to high school football games or bastketball games during the school year.

7. il pleut

il pleut New Member

it's a hard choice, though i have to say....

addams family.

just a wittier show, dryer humor. those characters were really crazy in a kind of subversive way. the munsters were more the average all-american family, not surprising since the series was written and produced by the same guys who did leave it to beaver.

also the music on the addams family (by vic mizzy) was absolutely perfect.

even so, i love fred gwynne!

8. oh spot gotta go with the Munsters

9. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

I liked the Munsters better because they had a much cooler theme song. The Addams family finger-snapping bit bugged me.

10. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I probably watched the Munsters more as a kid, so I'll go with them.

11. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Funny, I liked Addams Family more when I was younger, Munsters more as I got older. :shrug:

12. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

Addams Family

13. JohnB

JohnB Senior Member

Munsters

14. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

15. sotet

sotet New Member

I like the Addams Family. I watched both as a kid on TBS Superstation. I think the Munsters' has a better theme song, but overall I prefered the Addams' Family. The dark humor was more in the line of what I liked. Grampa on the Munsters was pretty funny himself though ... You know, I looked this up, thinking maybe one of them started before the other, but they both premiered in 1964 and I think B&W works well for both. I saw the Munsters movie one time that was shot in color long ago on TV and I couldn't get used to it that way. I much prefered them in B&W.

16. smoggyusa

smoggyusa New Member

munsters when younger but addams family as we got a little older

17. His Masters Vice

His Masters Vice W.C. Fields Forever

Watched them both when I was a kid, but have always preferred The Addams Family.

I mean come on, they're creepy AND they're kooky!

Besides, every boy I went to school with wanted that model train set! Now that I'm older I'd agree that both wives were hot, but I'd opt for Morticia anyway. If she's good enough for Gomez, she's good enough for me. Cara Mia! ;)

18. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I love both shows just as much.

19. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

One thing I liked about Gomez. He set a great example for eccentrics everywhere. He demonstrated how one could be a gentleman, even if you were a freaky kind of fellow.

20. The Munsters.

21. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

I preferred the Munsters by a small margin. I always watched both growing up. As I recall, Kittycat was not a lion but an average-looking cat that only roared like a lion!

I thought the Addams Family had interesting supporting characters. Lurch playing the harpsichord stands out. Whenever I open my e-mail program, I have Ted Cassidy saying "You rang?" as the sound file. Ted also played Thing except when they were in the same scene together.

22. sadie

sadie New Member

While I watched both growing up, The Addams Family appeals to me more as an adult.

Sadie

23. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

The Addams Family. Can't beat John Astin. The Munsters is probably better for kids, however.

24. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Opposite for me.

25. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Mortisha is sexy, though. I may have had a crush on her, before I even knew what a crush WAS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.