Music purchased that spent the shortest time in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael Rose, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vocalpoint

Vocalpoint Forum Resident

Rush Vapor Trails (original 2002 CD).

I think I spent about 4 mins suffering through the first distorted track and then used the CD as my coffee coaster.

VP

2. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

Rush Counterparts, I fell for all the hype that it was a "return to form" (I'm a major fan of their 1st 3 records),
    so I rushed out and picked it up on release day. Got home, popped it in my player, made it about 3 1/2 songs in
    and ejected it. Went to my front door and launched it like a frisbee out into the street. Left the empty case sitting on a shelf.
    It laid in the gutter across the street for about a week and a half (I looked at it lying there every day driving to a from work).
    Finally one day I stopped, picked it up, put it back in the case and traded it back in for something different.
    Worst part is....now I have another copy (couldn't resist the AF SACD) and its sits on my shelf and collects dust.

3. greenhorn

greenhorn Forum Resident

Some of the earlier Al Kooper releases, they came as a multi CD set. I keep thinking one day I should try again, but based on the first play I really have no interest in doing so.
    None of them were Super Sessions or Collaborations.

4. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

I never throw away any music,but there are some that will never be played again on my turntable.

5. McLover

McLover Senior Member

ZZ Top Sixpack. Listened to around 2 songs. Heard the sampled drums, returned it for store credit. Had it less than 90 minutes.

6. Havoc

Havoc Forum Resident

I tend to research a lot before I buy something and once I do own it, I know I'll lose $ on it and hated the attitude I'd get from the record shops in the states when you're trying to sell stuff or trade in. I looked through my collection recently and there's very, very little I'd consider selling just cos' I goofed. If I needed $ for some reason then I can make the hard decision if needed. I did that one time while in college, it was painful and it led to my joining the AF reserves then making a career out of the military after I graduated. I grew up broke and never wanted to go back.

7. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

I lost track of most D.L. after "Hysteria" but I think that was "Slang."

If memory serves, "X" sounded like a damn Backstreet Boys record with occasional guitar solos!

8. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident Thread Starter

Dear god, that's worse.

9. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

I bought a cassette of MOR in a dollar store, played it once and tossed it.

10. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

The bravest post ever seen on this forum.

11. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Roy Orbison's Fastest Guitar in the West. Found it still sealed and couldn't bring myself to open it. I do have a CD version that I might have spun two or three times in 20+ years.

Edit: Also have a still sealed John and Yoko Wedding Album 8-track that I will never play.

12. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Well, vinyl is a bit more toxic to burn than books, as well, for the greenies on the forum.

13. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Stuff I was so disgusted that I actually bought it, that I went and destroyed it, broke it.
    Rare action on my part and can't think of the couple titles offhand...

14. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

The new Residents editions, first two!
    Went in the bin the same day as I listen to them!

edenofflowers likes this.
  15. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Yeah, I wouldn't count the numerous copies of Garth Brooks or Van Halen's Balance that I got from Columbia House solely to sell. I do wish I'd kept one copy of Balance for myself, as I'm never going to pay current going rate for a record that "meh".

mmars982 likes this.
  16. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I liked Sugar enough to keep them, but I dumped Zen Arcade. Just can't do the Du.

DTK likes this.
  17. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Really, she's been too subdued ever since, IMO. I've warmed to the later albums over the years, but they are not Kate of old.

Sternodox likes this.
  18. Frosst

Frosst Vinyl-obsessive kiddo

I bought a record only a few days ago so obviously that one is what have been in my collection the shortest time.

19. October Man

October Man I am the October Man, I dream of many things

Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water by Limp Bizkit.
    One of the very few albums I couldnt finish.

seed_drill likes this.
  20. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

I found a copy of Jimmy Buffett Live at Fenway Park for a buck at a thrift store. Since it's a two or three disc set, I thought it would be worth the punt. I listened to a song or two and had to take it out. Don't know if it was this particular performance or if he really just can't sing anymore, but it was just unlistenable. Took it to my favorite shop and got four or five bucks in store credit, so all's well that ends well I guess.

21. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I just consigned all my Limp Bizkit and Korn records while they still are up. There was usually one or two songs I kind of liked, but sitting through the whole albums was a chore.

October Man likes this.
  22. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

Last year I gave in and thought I should get a Wilco CD so I picked up Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.
    I tried to get into it but it just sounded like unfinished demos and I gave it to a friend.

23. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Excellent ROI.

Mark B. likes this.
  24. PAYUPSKI

PAYUPSKI Forum Resident

Led Zep 1

25. Trevor_Bartram

Trevor_Bartram Senior Member

Amy Winehouse "Back To Black" a talent spoilt by success and addiction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.