Music release news websites?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulB, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does anyone know any good websites that offers music news? I am in particular looking for sites that has regular news about reissues/remasters and news that lets you know when something is going out of print.

2. wmspence

wmspence Senior Member

Hi, Paul.

Ice Magazine, if you haven't been there, is one of my favorites. It can be found at www.icemagazine.com. Good articles and easy to scroll through lists of new releases. I don't think it gets into when something is going out of print, though.

Bill

3. wmspence

wmspence Senior Member

PS: I'm flying through Toronto tomorrow, on my way to a conference in Calgary. I'm sure the weather is warmer there than here in Boston, right??

Bill

4. PaulB

Thanks spence! I think it will be colder here, than Boston. I hear it will be around 0 degrees C in Toronto.

5. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I feel that ICE MAGAZINE is o.k., but not real complete...Try www.pauseandplay.com they seem to have a better release date list than ICE plus their list looks further down the road than just THIS month!

Chris C

6. wmspence

wmspence Senior Member

Thanks, Chris. I am going to try that myself.

Bill

7. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

You're welcome Bill!

Please remember the GOLDEN rule while looking though...

"Release dates are subject to change"!!!

Chris C

8. PaulB

Anybody else know any sites? I find it unusual that no sites let you know when something is going out of print. I can't spend a lot of money at one time, so I would rather buy the titles that will be going out of print soon ASAP. Lots of sites for DVD news but not for CD news. :confused:

9. wmspence

wmspence Senior Member

Well Chris, do you know how many times that I counted the days until a certain release that I wanted and went to the store only to find the, usual uninterested and unknowledgeable, young salesperson looking quite dazed at confused at my query??????

I hear ya talkin'.......Loud and clear!!!!!

Bill

PS: I still count though!!!!!!

10. metal

metal Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.