Music shopping in Manchester, Liverpool etc...

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by ChrisM, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisM

ChrisM Reclusive Enabler Thread Starter

I'm off the the UK again in about 10 days and always look forward to shopping for music. I'll be based in Sheffield (playing a concert there on July 3rd) where my fave shop is located. That's Record Collector. I always wind up finding lots of great stuff there every time.

I've been to Liverpool many times and always look forward to checking out Probe and Hairy Records. I think that Hairy was better in their bigger location when it was in a basement but, they still have good stuff at their smaller street-level location. Much too crowded now, though.

I always fly into Manchester and have been through it many time. I've never been shopping there, though. My friend that I'm staying with says that he knows three or four shops all within a stones throw that are very good. Afraid I don't know any of the names of the shops, though. Anybody have any tips for good vinyl or CD shopping there?

Any other tips for Liverpool that I may have missed, as well? I've hit some good shops in York in the past and might wind up heading to Leeds. Been through Leeds a couple of times but never stopped there. Any tips besides Polar Bear?

Cheers,
    Chris

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I've only been to the UK once and I spent a fair amount of time in Manchester. I got some REAL bargains at the shops there - they were much more beneficial than the ones in London. Sorry, I can't remember names, though they all were in/around the main drag close to the arena. Definitely worth a look!

3. ChrisM

That's likely the area that my friend was talking about. I'll report back after I return.

Last time I was in Manchester waiting for a rail connection to Liverpool there was some great live music coming from a club near the Piccadilly train platform. Wish I had the time to have gone down to check it out.

Cheers,
    Chris

4. ChrisM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.