Music Stores in Mexico D.F. (City)

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Sternodox, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas Thread Starter

Gonna be in Mexico City next month. Anybody know any good music stores? Used vinyl/CDs especially. Would also like to check out local labels for metal, jazz, funk.

2. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

Have fun and remember not to drink the water.

Sternodox likes this.
  3. Sternodox

Like in Flint, Michigan? ;)

AdamChanSiuLung likes this.
  4. Sternodox

So NOBODY here knows any stores in Mexico? My girlfriend suggested Carcoma Records and Expendia Records. But she's not really down with obscure stuff. Can anybody tell me about these stores? Or others?

5. AdamChanSiuLung

I was curious about this topic which is why I'm back. Wow no replies yet? Maybe this thread needs to be translated into Spanish?

I wonder if this being moved from the Music Corner section to Marketplace might be the reason for no replies. I admit that I rarely venture outside of the music discussion portion of the forum, I think the sales and coupon section is the only other thing look at.

So since we're supposed to be talking about Mexican record stores, when I was younger I saw some Mexican pressings of Beatles albums in a Manhattan record store. I remember seeing Abbey Road and it still had the Apple logo. This was at a time when the Apple logo was being phased out on the US pressings. For whatever reason, I didn't buy any, this must have been back in the day when I was a young and poor high school student and the concept of buying a duplicate never occurred to me. I'm really kicking myself for not getting them now, it's always nice to have a foreign pressing and compare the differences.

My consolation is getting a few box sets of Beatles EPs that were made in Mexico several years later. I know that there must have been something about them that turned me off because I never really took care of them. The records are no longer in the outer box, which was very generic in design, and I remember that at least one set got damaged by water and I had to throw the outer box away (the records survived, but I think got moldy but can probably be cleaned up). I think the noisy pressings is what turned me off.

Okay, this wasn't exactly about record stores in Mexico, but it was at least about stuff one might find there.

6. Sternodox

Hey thanks, brother! I asked a question about Mexican prog bands in the music section and sorta rolled this question into that one. The response has been much better. :)

7. AdamChanSiuLung

Ah, I just read it. I'm glad that you have a few stores to check out.

Well, as I said before, have fun and have a safe trip!

Sternodox likes this.
  8. RobHD

RobHD New Member

Streetecnik - Chowell Discos - La Roma Records - Retroactivo -Discoteca

9. Sternodox

Muchas gracias.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.