Musicians: What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RelayerNJ, Jul 25, 2014.

1. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Kate_C. and RelayerNJ like this.
  2. AidanB

AidanB Forum Resident

Been working with a group on Yes' version of America for a school Paul Simon tribute concert. Then just working on more prog and jazz like always.

MarcTheMusician likes this.
  3. Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed Senior Member

I'm about to put out a new album (my 6th), It's sort of quirky pop/rock/powerpop sort of stuff basically with hints of prog and synthpop thrown in in some cases. I usually upload things to Soundcloud but i've literally just stuck this up on youtube because of the better streaming quality if anyone is interested. You can peruse my page with playlists of all the stuff i've put out before;

d.s.l. and RelayerNJ like this.
  4. markmorb

markmorb Forum Resident

5. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

RelayerNJ likes this.
  6. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

RelayerNJ likes this.
  7. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

30 years ago I was both obsessed with writing and recording music on my 4-track and also I was obsessed with the Beatles. I knew that the '20 years ago today Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play' was actually happening in late May/early June 1987. It was 20 years!

So I spent the entire day in my room with my guitars/drums and Fostex 4-track and wrote and recorded this suite of songs on May 31, 1987 in Sgt. Pepper's honor.

It's obviously not audiophile! But it was inspired at the very least! :)

I present to you... Private Tyler's Private Orchestra!

RelayerNJ likes this.
  8. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

Just another update: I managed for the first time to successfully mix a live recording from multi-tracks, and the bass player in the band was able to synch the stereo mix to some iPhone video another band member's husband took at the show:

L.

eeglug and RelayerNJ like this.
  9. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

Just finished an album in Canada with Jordon Zadorozny.

RelayerNJ likes this.
  10. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

Points for an octave bass, blues harp,B&W costume changes, and a bloody- handed drummer....yeah!

ampmods likes this.
  11. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Thank you!

12. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

I've been working on not being on the road as much as I had been, and so far that's working out swell. ;-)

I've been fortunate to be able to shift to doing more scoring. (Not necessarily glamorous stuff.)

Still doing a fair amount of session work, too. (Again not necessarily glamorous stuff.)

bhazen likes this.
  13. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Almost there now, just waiting for the damn 4 track I bought off of eBay to arrive, then I'm back in business!:righton:

14. entropyfan

entropyfan Forum Resident

15. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Developing my guitar approach; which these days, focuses on

a) getting a distinctive guitar sound (somewhere between Jeff Beck and Eric Johnson); and
    b) playing melodies that no-one else is (to the extent possible, and practicable.) Indian music a big inspiration there.

I don't really write songs as such; but still do gigs with my trio the 350s (occasionally), and sessions/gigs as a sideman.

RelayerNJ likes this.
  16. klaatuhf

klaatuhf Forum Resident

17. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident Thread Starter

Been playing a little more lately, figuring out some of Skunk Baxter's tasty licks on Pretzel Logic:

d.s.l. and bhazen like this.
  18. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

First new fruits of my labours, guitars by me, Music Jam is responsible for all the other instruments:

Groovy

Kate_C. likes this.
  19. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

20. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Green screen overload. Mannequin heads. Awkward dancing. Star wipes!
    I give you my latest... Jukeboz Selectiom.

d.s.l. likes this.
  21. Einar Einarsson Kvaran

Einar Einarsson Kvaran King of his castle

Me & My Brother are meeting a new singer Tuesday to see what happens. it could be like work.

22. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

So I've mentioned on this board the new singer in my band, and that I was the musical director of a "Before There Was Janis" tribute to Janis Joplin and her influences. Check out our version of Nina Simone's Feeling Good from that show if you will. It floors me. I am the guitarist, but I would rather call your attention to her voice.

d.s.l. and RelayerNJ like this.
  23. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Had a 4.5 hour meeting reviewing and discussing my original material, and reached a handshake deal, some details still to be worked out and papered, to have an album of 12 of my original songs recorded, engineered and produced by Lon Van Eaton, a name I have been reading on liner notes since elementary school.

The album will also feature the singer and drummer featured on the clip in the post just above this one.

I was not to cool to have him sign his picture on my Ringo's Rotogravure LP. :)

24. MarcTheMusician

MarcTheMusician Forum Heretic and Beatle Lover

My band has begun recording our debut record, and gigging is about to start. We've spent the last 10 months writing and rehearsing, and now we have high hopes, but realistic expectations. We also play weird music sometimes. It's fun.

25. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

There's a certain satisfaction that I only feel right after having completed a recording project, especially one that has been labored over for one reason or another. I'm definitely feeling good these days, because my progressive rock project has finally finished our debut record. I'm not sure how to describe our sound, but I got an e-mail the other day from a guy who said we sounded like Nick Drake fronting a band that was equal parts Rush and Genesis. I never would have thought of that, but I guess it was a compliment? Anyhoo...

This track is the first part of a suite, which is why it fades out as it does.

More information (and streamable music) at the website in my signature.

MarcTheMusician and d.s.l. like this.