"My Generation Deluxe" vs. "Instant Party" bootleg

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikenyc, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member Thread Starter

Even though it hasn't been released yet....any speculation on how the controversial bootleg, "stacks up" against, what appears to be, the official release song selection ?

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

............ I think I missed something somehow somewhere............

What's controversial about "Instant Party"? Is it merely because of it's bootleg status? Song selection? Master tapes selection?

3. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Luke already answered this same question in another thread. I believe he said (paraphrasing) there was really nothing to compare - one was a bootleg made from various sources (with varying quality) and the other is newly remixed from the master tapes.

4. reechie

reechie Senior Member

There really ought to be no comparison. Despite the hype of using "the lost Talmy tapes", it turned out that the boot featured nothing more than rips of the common CD versions, including some fake stereo. Some clipped intros make things even more irritating. They had no tapes, the hype was a lie (did you really trust a bootlegger's liner notes?)

Instant Party turned out to be a very nicely packaged, but widely over-hyped, inaccurate and over priced boot, average at best. If it's done right, the legit My Generation deluxe package should tear it to pieces.

And remember, we're looking at brand new stereo mixes, so you'll want to hang on to your old USA The Who Sing My Generation CD (second master) for the mono.

5. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Or the 1979 British Virgin viinyl reissue(which I have), and will be holding on to. Thank God it's Talmy remixing this one and not Astley.

6. JWB

JWB New Member

"Instant Party" is a piece of crap.

Most of the songs cut off early, and a few even cut in.

Everything is stolen from official discs, with no care at all in the mastering. dB levels go up and down...tracks cut off right into the next track.

Terrible.

I would really, really appreciate it if someone could make me CD-R's of "Rarities 1 & 2".

Luke? :love:

7. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

I would, but I think the CD-R police might come after me if I do...:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.