My new Harbeth SHL5 plus

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by murphythecat, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murphythecat

murphythecat https://www.last.fm/user/murphythecat Thread Starter

[​IMG]forum image hosting

Im really happy with the shl5+. this is the first speaker Ive ever had that I can find absolutely not lackign in any way. I just sit down and listen, everything feels balanced, musical, impressive yet natural.
    just for fun, ill audition more speakers, but I could settle and be happy for a long time with the SHL5+.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    pdxway likes this.
  2. mds

mds Forum Resident

Is that a bass trap cat in the front right corner. I hear they work really well as long as they are well feed, but isn't that how you tune their frequency range

3. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

Did you just change the picture? Anyway, this looks much better than the placement in your op.

4. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

The replacement photo is perspective-skewed, but gives a better view of the room

5-String likes this.
  5. H8SLKC

H8SLKC Forum Resident

Murph I'm going to go WAY out on a limb here and guess that you're a bachelor yes? That setup may sound delicious but there isn't a woman within 3,000 miles who wouldn't throw up in her mouth if she had to spend more than 20 minutes in that "room". Classic!

basie-fan and bgiliberti like this.
  6. murphythecat

haha
    yes, im not living with my GF.
    and its a mess right now as im constantly rearranging stuff around, its ridiculous I know.

anyways, Im very happy with my shl5+. even my dad likes them and hes a tough cookie to please!

7. murphythecat

did I say I much I love my SHL5+? :)

For acoustic, rock or jazz, the SHL5+ manage to dissapear and create a deep image right between the speakers: it almost sounds like a live band playing a couple of meter away from me
    Ive found a good measuring spot and both speakers measure very good from the listening position and solid extension down to 30hz. Never does it sounds like a box making the bass, something the P3ESR dont quite manage. the bass of the SHL5 is incredible: you really hear and feel the body of a instrument. guitars do have bass finally, a male singer sings from his chest, not his throat, ect ect!

Ive never been happier with a setup in my life. I feel like from now on, I could definitely stop and just enjoy without wanting to upgrade the speakers ever again. its a really good feeling :)

snorker and Helom like this.
  8. bgiliberti

bgiliberti Will You Be My Neighbor?

Is that a vintage Dynaco A25 on the left? Sweet...
    Beat me to the punch...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.