My new Symposium Ultra Platforms

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by PMCH, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PMCH

PMCH Member Thread Starter

Here is a picture of my new Symposium Ultra Platforms under my MC601 monos. They definitely make my music sound better. Wish I had purchased them years ago. Music sounds even better than I imagined it would.

[​IMG]

BigGame, Tullman, Mad shadows and 7 others like this.
  2. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

Those are sweet looking, Symposium makes wonderful products, as a McIntosh owner myself I'm loving the 601's. Congrats on a fine system...

3. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Those look like they mean business! How much weight can they accommodate? Is the underside metal? Thanks!
    ATB,
    Mark

4. John76

John76 Forum Resident

The weight limit is unlimited. The platforms are metal on both sides.

Ultra Platform »

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I use ULTRAS under a lot of stuff. Lasted me for many years, Peter is a great guy.

Long Live Analog likes this.
  6. ServingTheMusic

ServingTheMusic Forum Resident

+1

7. ServingTheMusic

ServingTheMusic Forum Resident

8. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Thanks for the info guys.
    ATB,
    Mark

9. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I love how they match the amps so perfectly.

10. PMCH

They make my music sound even better than they look.

11. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Well-Known Member

Just curious are those the silver couplers from Peter or something else? They look a tad different. I have a pair of Ultras as well. One for my McIntosh MC452 amp and c2600 tube preamp. I bought one for my big heavy VPI turntable but getting some low rumble feedback. Your pic looks AWESOME!

12. Hipper

Hipper Forum Resident

I've got Ultras under my CD player and amp (where I think they make the most difference) and Svelte shelves under everything else (DAC, EQ, Power Regenerator and speakers) along with Rollerblocks (except the speakers).

The improvement is subtle but unobtainable in other ways (except power control I think). These improvements are how he describes it on his site - reduction of smeared transients, once that is understood.

His products cost a lot of money so it's more important to get positioning of speakers and room acoustics sorted (or at least as best you can) before embarking on isolation projects.

13. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

So...you are getting low rumble feedback after installing the the Symposium?

14. PMCH

The silver couplers are actually Stillpoint Ultra's that replace the feet of my 601 amps. I use the Stillpoint mini's under my preamp with Symposium shelves under. I am using the ISO Symposium shelf under my VPI TT.

Tim Glover likes this.
  15. PMCH

I am using a Symposium svelte shelf under my CDP and also on top of my CDP (I have a flat top) with Stillpoint mini's replacing the CDP's feet. I can hear all the little improvements. I had Rollerblocks under everything before but prefer the Stillpoints. Unfortunately they cost more than the Rollerblocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.