my PC crashed, wondering about ability to get Itunes library back from the Ipod(s)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by toptentwist, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Thanks, I was wondering about that!

2. Wildgift

Wildgift This is the modern world that I've heard about...

Senuti works like a charm and has saved my ass many many times. Well worth purchase price. Saves playlists too. Easy to use too

Vidiot likes this.
  3. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

This happened to me years ago. I forget the tool I used to recover from the iPod. That experience lead me directly to the revelation of back up, back up, back up. I'm not repeating myself, that's how many!

4. Deadwing

Deadwing Forum Resident

It happened to me more than once! Its simple you don't need to buy anything follow these steps...

1. Plug in your Ipod
    2. Close Itunes when it opens
    3. Find in the file properties "unhide files"
    4. Use my computer and open up your ipod icon its located with your C/drive and CD drive.
    5. Once you open it you should see a bunch hidden files. Those are your music simply copy them to your HD.
    6. Once complete open up itunes and add them in this will sort them and find metadata.

Hope that helps?

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Actually, you can unhide most of the hidden files & folders under Mac OSX, too:

http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-revealing-hidden-files-in-os-x--mac-48663

stereoptic and Lownote30 like this.
  6. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

7. patrickd

patrickd Forum Resident

I must be slow but I cannot fathom this trick with Invisiblix. I can hide and unhide easily with it but if I put my iPhone in and open iTunes, I don't see and hidden files that can be moved, only my regular tracks, immovable as always. What am I not doing right here???

8. Deadwing

Deadwing Forum Resident

You can't move them but hold and click control a followed by control c. Then find the folder you want to copy the files to and then press control v to paste. This should work?

9. Doug G.

Doug G. Forum Resident

How old is your oldest HDD?

Doug

10. ElvisCaprice

ElvisCaprice Forum Resident

As long as they have been around. Although those first IDE drives we're awfully small. No practical use for today.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Command-C, command-V on the Mac.

12. patrickd

patrickd Forum Resident

OK, I am officially clueless. I am on a Mac, Invisiblix open, iTunes open, but no way can I 'select' a track with any key combination. In fact, within Invisiblix, I cannot even get it to see my iPhone -- I can only show that by opening up the iTunes application, wherein I can see my phone and my music. The Finder view in Invisiblix does not show an iPhone connected.....I think it's time I gave my degrees back!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.