NCIS Producer Gary Glassberg 50 RIP

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JamieC, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member Thread Starter

2. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member Thread Starter

What kills me, and maybe him, is that I am 60 years old and he looks older than me. A lot of stress I would guess.

Vidiot and guy incognito like this.
  4. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Yup, he looks like he was in his late 60's....... R.I.P.

5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Yeah, sure he did....

6. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Not easy being showrunner of the #1 TV drama in the world. Probably overseeing "NCIS: LA" and "NCIS: New Orleans" too.

7. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

very sad ! he did look older than 50 though! Rip a great producer and writer who will be missed by a lot of people .

8. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

success does take a toll

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

TV will do that to you. Note that he was the showrunner for two series at the same time. That will turn your hair completely white before you're 50.

I once worked for a guy who was head of post for Michael Landon's production company. He really loved Michael and was devastated when he died. The guy told me he figured the reason why Landon died so young (54) is because he only slept about 3-4 hours a day, and just worked around the clock for years and years.

It's interesting that they didn't give a cause of death for Mr. Glassberg, and my interpretation of the story is that his death came as a shock, so he wasn't suffering from a long term illness. It's doubly sad for his family and the people who worked with him -- a lot of people in the trades say he was a very good man.

JamieC, fitzysbuna and Dan C like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.