Neil Young Archives Release Blue Note Cafe Out 11/13/15 Via Reprise Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FrankieFontaine, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only limited to anyone who wants to pay twice the price of what it should cost. Even the Beatles three LP Anthology records were around $45.

Paranoid Android likes this.
  2. And so do you! Every time.

3. And I'll probably buy it too. But his records regular do cost more (by a lot) than almost every other artist.

Tensilversaxes likes this.
  4. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

absolutely fantastic

theMess, nowhereman87, SteveM and 3 others like this.
  5. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

You know, if you're desperate for a CD version you could always download the Pono version, downconvert to 16 bit/44KHz and then burn the files to a CD-R. It really isn't that difficult. The remaster of 'Tonight's The Night' sounds great!

6. TWZ

TWZ Forum Resident

Great version, but wasn't this song known as Sixty to Zero and closer to 20 minutes on the Bluenotes tour?

Heart of Gold likes this.
  7. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Pre-orders up at bullmoose.com

8. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

Gotcha! Yeah, that's both a clumsy way to put it ("songs") and factually incorrect.

dino77 likes this.
  9. Sean

Sean Senior Member

10. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

The versions from earlier in the tour are known as "Sixty To Zero" but a couple of weeks in Neil chopped the song in half and those versions are known as "Crime In The City" because that's what the versoin on Freedom was called. Also, the shorter versions have Neil playing electric, while the longer ones have him on acoustic. I'm disappointed that the longer version isn't on this set, but still holding out hope it'll be on an Archives set. Although, I don't have much hope we'll see the 80s Archive set anytime soon.

11. teag

teag Forum Resident

This is a recording….repeat after me…..

As they used to say, it's a free country (sort of)….not required to buy it.

Sean likes this.
  12. As I said before I probably will pick this up..

The new Dylan set coming out next month is also 3 LPS with a book. I think it's around $69. I get that the regular LP list prices is something that ended back in the 80s. but this wide range is pretty whacky. And I know there is another thread going on about that. I just feel regular issues that are not special editions with extra bling should at least be on par with other artists for the most part.

13. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

My wallet has just died upon seeing this. :winkgrin: Yet another album for the 'albums to buy' list. :laugh:

14. ianbrown21

ianbrown21 Forum Resident

Very excited for this, this is the type of archive stuff I want.

15. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

My god, I still haven't listened to Cellar Door.

16. Looks very interesting.

Will there be any other physical formats besides CD and Vinyl? Would love to have this on Blu-ray Audio.

17. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

New old Neil Young is always welcome. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for all the stuff coming out.

Geir and Fletch like this.
  18. 8-Track?

19. FrankieFontaine

FrankieFontaine "Just An Hippie Dream" Thread Starter

I doubt it, recorded 44/16 digitally, so really no sense offering a vinyl edition other than a collectable.

Even that "A Treasure 84/85" Blu-ray release was a waste since the audio was only recorded at 44/16 digitally and the video shots are barely watchable, but its Neil never the less!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  20. FrankieFontaine

Were any Blue Notes show's filmed professionally?

21. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

If this is true lots of people will be very angry after plunking down upwards of $90 for the vinyl.

22. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

This is a great release. I was aware that the Bluenotes live were the next Archives release and Bolas had remixed the tapes. Anyway I' m surprised to know that the summer shows were recorded on multitracks. I thought that from these shows existed only soundboards. We knew previously that Niko Bolas had instead recorded the club dates on multitracks. It will be interesting to check all these recording details. It should be interesting also to know if this one is the original tracklist from the unreleased, shelved live album.

tug_of_war and FrankieFontaine like this.
  23. FrankieFontaine

Oh, so some of the club gigs were recorded via a mobile truck with digital multi-track and the others were just 2 track DAT feed from house mix, I believe like "A Treasure"?

24. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

A
    Also left for Archives Vol.3 Find Another Shoulder, High Hills and Midnight Blues.

25. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

High Heels and Walking After Midnight?

Heart of Gold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.