Neil Young Archives Vol II status--no time soon

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wildgift, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

Indeed, from the article:

"Neil has a whole series of Shakey Films that we've done through the years," Roberts tells Billboard. "We haven't really had a chance to put a lot of them out. Either he tours or starts doing an album or moves on to the next one. But we have about six or seven full-length films that will be coming out over the course of the next two years. These are really the first two."

qtrules likes this.
  2. picassoson

picassoson Forum Resident

I wish I could get excited about this - but he's been teasing us with this crap forever, like that time he was going to release "Homegrown", "Crazy Horse Live '76", and "Ocean Side / Country Side" on vinyl "really soon".

The HD streaming website scares the **** out of me though. I don't really care about physical releases, but it would be awful if Archives II was only available as paid access to a streaming website (which of course will be obsolete in a year or two) with no audio download option. That sounds perverse enough for Neil. :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

CSNY2K tour video went unreleased
    2006 CSN tour video
    Demme shot CH sessions from 1994 is begging for a blu ray from the film elements.
    Full Trans Berlin show?
    Full Silver & Gold show
    Red Rocks in HD?

nowhereman87 likes this.
  4. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

2013:
    Me, 2013:
    [​IMG]

Me, 2014:

footlooseman and picassoson like this.
  5. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Has anything Neil ever said about release dates been anywhere near accurate? He's been "distracted" from the Archives ever since 'Decade' was released. He should just release the albums in chronological order, with bonus tracks. Why does Mr. Environmental need to sell packaged in another big box anyways? Re: the median age of his core constituency: an ambulance can only go so fast.

trumpet sounds and Kubricker like this.
  6. Further

Further Forum Resident

This will be a complete flop if he goes with an Online Only Access type of deal

There's only one way I will buy this and that's if it's a physical product.

I will not pay an access fee for a website that will disappear in a couple of years, just like the BD-Live ******** from the first Archives did.

7. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

not me, bro. i'm gonna tape that stream onto a portable 8 track player from my laptop speakers. then i'm gonna transfer it to a 128 kbps mp3. then i'm gonna have that pressed to vinyl.

8. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

[​IMG]

believe it? sucker!!

trumpet sounds and Nick Dunning like this.
  9. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

And it'll still sound better than A Letter Home :winkgrin:

Cassius, Fletch, JoeRockhead and 3 others like this.
  10. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

"I think of it as we're introducing him to a younger audience, a new audience. We know there's our core audience that's 50-70 or so. That's always been the case, and it's nice to actually have. But it's like discovering Dylan -- you may like EDM, but at some point in your life you'll be into Dylan and you'll get it, whether you're 23, 24, 21 or 26."

:rolleyes:

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  11. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

Hey man, where's the CD issue of Time Fades Away? :cussing:

I am
    Old and
    In the way!

ghostdwg, bobcat and PhantomStranger like this.
  12. sirwallacerock

sirwallacerock The Gun Went Off In My Hand, Officer

13. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

The Tim Pope's movie should be the 2009 edit of the Hammersmith 1976. No mention of Budokan here. This makes sense because the 1976 record was also announced in 2010.

14. Heart of Gold

Warner Music generally doesn't love the movies releases. The release of HH and RNS on video means something. There's a deal with Warner. Elliot Roberts is an excellent businessman. So Elliot Roberts speaks for some reason this time.

15. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

Am I right in my reading that the implication is that Neil has signed off 'Time Fades Away" for release on COMPACT DISC???

16. Heart of Gold

Yes!

ohnothimagen likes this.
  17. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

I haven't bought Human Highway or the Rust Never Sleeps reissue yet and am wondering whether to remain holding off. I was burned on double-dipping for all those pre-2009 Archive releases when they were included in Vol. 1 so what makes Vol. 2 any different when it's (eventually) released?

trumpet sounds likes this.
  18. Nick Dunning

Nick Dunning Forum Resident

We've heard this so many times, and sadly I don't think anyone of sound mind thinks it actually will happen.

Neil will come off his latest tour and go off on another new tangent, as he always does.

Isn't there going to be a copyright extention issue pending circa 2023/2024 with some of the unreleased stuff?

19. Heart of Gold

No. I can't agree with you. At a slow pace, but everything is being released. I could mention for the past CSNY 1974, Human Highway movie, Blue notes live, Pono, etc. Just slowly...

Geir likes this.
  20. Nick Dunning

Nick Dunning Forum Resident

I hope you're right.

I'm sure the superlative CSNY 74 (released in 2014) was supposed to appear alongside Archives 2, it's the bit that was handed over to Nash (and Nash worked his socks off to get done).

21. RomanZ

RomanZ Forum Resident

Hopefully "Live in a Rusted Out Garage" is one of those films.

22. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

So true, I hadn't thought about that!

qtrules and FourWalledWorld like this.
  23. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

Right, those were just released or are about to be.

24. klaatuhf

klaatuhf Forum Resident

So if all these films are to be released individually (which is how it sounds in the interview) what film/video content will remain to be included with Archives 2 and 3 etc (if and when they get released). Is there even more major "Archive" film we know absolutely nothing about?

25. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Expanded double albums.
    S/t
    EKTIN
    Goldrush
    Harvest

Anytime soon ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.