New CD Recorder

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by awiener, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awiener

awiener Member Thread Starter

1. Can anyone recommend a new model CD recorder? I want to connect it to my home stereo system and dub from any source (vinyl, tapes, VCR, etc.). I want to be able to control the recording volume level, fade tracks up or out in some cases, and create separate tracks so that they can be accessed on any CD player by skipping ahead or back (as with any commercial CD). It would be nice to be able to store recordings in the recorder on some sort of hard drive and then program them to be burned onto a blank CD.

2. Are there reputable places that sell these units?

3. What blank media/discs are available now for recording music, and which can be played on any CD player (CD-R; CD-RW)?

It's been a long time since I started looking into this and I'd like to be up to date on this before buying a unit.

Many thanks for any help.

Allen

2. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

3. GT40sc

GT40sc Senior Member

From your description in point #1, I'd say you might like the Alesis Masterlink. It has everything you ask for, with the exception of a dedicated volume control. (Input level is meant to be controlled by an external mixer or preamp, as with most professional gear.) However, fades, track splits, etc. can be adjusted within the machine's editing software.

What is your budget?

The Masterlink can be found for under $1000, but if that is too expensive, perhaps a good computer-based burner and software would serve you better...

hth,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.