New Creedence Clearwater Revival Complete Studio Albums 7 LP's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by moody grooves, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

I don't know abou this box, it may be excellent, but I have the Analogue Production LPs and my advice would be to get them, even if you have to sell a kidney to raise the money.

hodgo likes this.
  2. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I'm so happy to have all the originals and not have to go threw all this BS you guys go threw nowadays.

3. 389 Tripower

389 Tripower Just a little south of Moline

I have not heard ALL of the "original" issue LP's. But - IMO, the ones I have heard sound inferior, even to 80's reissues.

Vinyl Dude likes this.
  4. Further

Further Forum Resident

lol. I have no idea because I'm not familiar with his work. However, I AM familiar with the Gray/Hoffman team and like their work, so always a safe bet for me.

Here is a 2013 interview I found with Paul Blakemore. His comments regarding Vinyl are near the bottom of the page. From the way it reads to me, I would guess the CCR Vinyl Box he mastered was most likely cut from Digital.

http://www.uaudio.com/blog/artist-interview-paul-blakemore/

5. Further

Further Forum Resident

See my post above. My guess would be cut from Digital.

389 Tripower likes this.
  6. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Well, it looks more like an advertisement than an interview.

7. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

That's because the ones you probably heard were played to death.

8. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

Yup, they have a bar code on the back.

Pendulum is not a gatefold.

[​IMG]

ponkine likes this.
  9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

From that photo, the covers look like reproductions of the original sleeves, done using scans/photos of the albums, rather than the original separations for the cover art. A little lacking in detail.

Is this correct, or are they better than they look in that photo?

10. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

They look better than in the picture.

Here's a couple pictures comparing my original (on left) to the box set one (on right). Again it's hard to tell from the pictures.

The new ones don't look as glossy as the originals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ClassicRockTragic likes this.
  11. hishou

hishou Forum Resident

Bar codes are fugly. I should change my name to Barcode Crusader. They look so unnatural and make these albums look so cheap!!! Who the hell thought it was a good idea to use them on records, huh???

mooseman likes this.
  12. Inventory control. Retail loves that.

hishou likes this.
  13. richardo

richardo New Member

Thanks John. Great pics!! I really hate barcodes on LP covers. Why not include them on the shrink wrap. Besides, the box already has a barcode, so why on every LP??? Anyway, barcodes on new reissues seem to be the norm raher than the exception :realmad:

hishou likes this.
  14. CCRGABO

CCRGABO New Member

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree: odio ser pobre yo amo a creedence quiero uno asi :cry:

15. Vinyl Dude

Vinyl Dude Well-Known Member

Don't quote me on this, but I would have to guess that-like most of UMe's Back To Black offerings, this new CCR box was likely pressed somewhere in Europe.

dee likes this.
  16. Vinyl Dude

DEFINITELY agreed! I went through TWO 1st or 2nd pressings of "Cosmo's" as well an original 1st-pressing "Green River" and '68 debut. And they all sounded okay at best, muddy at worst. I did replace my original "Cosmo's Factory" with an early-80's reissue that bore a re-creation of the "Full Radial Stereo" blue Fantasy label, and it sounded FANTASTIC. I also recently picked up the 2014 140g reissues of both that and "Green River" (which were said to be plated from the masters used for the 200g "Absolute" AP box set), and they sound fairly good as well (STILL better than the 1st-pressings). Either way, since I have always been satisfied for the most part with every UMe/Back To Black reissue I've picked up ever since they launched the series more than 6 years ago, and I don't feel like pawning everything I own to get the super-expensive and hard-to-find AP box, I've decided to throw in my lot with the new CCR box.

389 Tripower likes this.
  17. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I have Cosmo's Factory and Willy and The Poorboys both from the new Fantasy re-issues and Analog. The latter gives a richer, better balanced sound, overall and the pressings are simply much better. Also, some may not care about things like this but the Fantasy copies both have linear tears by the center hole of the label. The labels on the Analog copies are flawless. I don't know about these as boxed sets, but when purchased individually, there's only about a 5 dollar difference which may be well worth it.

18. ClassicRockTragic

ClassicRockTragic Forum Resident

I got the universal box set today. I would have liked to have got the AP Hoffman one, but it was a financial decision. Getting it to Australia is not cheap with freight and the exchange rate is not cheap. Basically add 20 -25% plus expensive freight.

A retailer had one at a Boxing Day sale and it was 180 AUD, which is good.

It got a really good review here: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...nce-Clearwater-Revival-Complete-Studio-Albums

If it's as good as this reviewer is banging on about I will be a happy camper.

If anyone is interested I can check out my original Cosmos and compare it to this re-issue and post a review.

CCRGABO and 389 Tripower like this.
  19. ClassicRockTragic

ClassicRockTragic Forum Resident

Well, I have listened to the box set, and I have to say, IMHO it sounds outstanding.

Can't fault it from a sonic point of view. The Cosmos factory sound considerably better than my original. Fatter and warmer. It's hard to imagine it sounding better.

If the AP version of this box set is better it must be really good... Hope to get the chance to hear that version one day :)

20. SKean

SKean Forum Resident

I've got all of the DCCs. Are these 'latest and greatests' better? As heard in other postings out here, I'm a big
    sucker on remastered rereleases, but have tired from such based on the credible findings from others out here
    on this very wonderful Hoffman site.... I've got all of the Japanese released K2 remasters as well, which sound
    really well minus the upper midrange and treble favoring......

21. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

Great pics, could you post the deadwax info please!

JG

22. The Strat

The Strat Forum Resident

My wonderful wife indulged me for Xmas. Simply superb.

ClassicRockTragic likes this.
  23. Vinyl Dude

Nice! Any chance you could indulge us with pics of the actual vinyl from this box spinning on your 'table? I know that, either way, come hell or high water, I will not BOTHER with searching high and low for the AP box, only to pay both arms and legs for it. THIS box set will be mine!

24. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Wow. Is the AP box gone already, again? That's too bad because it is really good. I'm so glad I grabbed one even though at the time it seemed like a lot of money. I ended up with 59/2500. Probably the lowest number I've gotten on any release. Barring that, I'll bet this set is a good way to go.

25. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

I'll post the deadwax info and pics of the vinyl on the turntable tomorrow.

It is a nice set.

Vinyl Dude likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.