New Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CM Wolff, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PapaJay

PapaJay New Member

Definitely not a problem with Rotel. I have given it to friends who have Harmon Kardon and Denon players with HDCD decoders, and, same results. I even tried another disc from a different store, they're all the same. I e-mailed both Sony Canada and Sony USA, telling them of the problem. What I got back was, nothing from Sony USA, and a form e-mail from Sony Canada, thanking me for my interest in Sony products. Looks like the whole first batch got screwed up.

The last two Dixie Chicks cds, Wide Open Spaces, and Fly, were HDCD encoded, so I presume this one was supposed to be as well.

A bit off the HDCD topic, but still on the Dixie Chicks, I love how they still try to ignore the fact that Wide Open Spaces was not their debut album. It may have been the debut for Natalie Maines, but... I remember going into a cd store, in Plano Texas, on a trip to Dallas in 1997, and discovering three cds by a(unknown to me) cowgirl band called the Dixie Chicks. I loved the first albums title...Thank Heavens for Dale Evans, so I bought all three discs...Dale, Little Ol' Cowgirl and Shouldn't a Told You That. Still have them. Home is really album number six, not number three. So, I guess Robin Lynn Macy, and Laura Lynch are the Chicks equivalents of Pete Best and Stuart Sutcliffe!

PapaJay

2. jerohm

jerohm New Member

Sony's response:

Thank you for your recent phone call regarding Dixie Chicks, "Home". We contacted our studio in New York concerning this selection not containing "HDCD" and they provided us with the following information: this selection does not contain "HDCD". The artwork is being revised to remove the "HDCD" logo for future productions.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience concerning this matter. If you are unhappy with the quality of the recording, we will be more than happy to offer you an exchange.
    Thank you for your patience concerning this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.