New Doors 21st Century Dvd Release!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by David P. Hill, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident Thread Starter

http://www.raymanzarek.com/

The first official Doors 21st Century DVD to be released July 20th through Image Entertainment! The DVD will contain songs taken from 2003 performances in Houston, TX and Paris, France!!!!!
    :cool: :righton:

2. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The question is: Is this a good thing? I don't know about having the Cult's singer replicate Jim Morrison on stage....

Evan

3. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident Thread Starter

Attached Files:

4. RedWingfan

RedWingfan Forum Resident

Oh Goody, another Manzarek monetary scheme that will water down the Doors legacy! Oh, sorry, he already did that with the umpteen greatest hits CDs he authorized.
    At least if it's decent, I'll buy it at the Dollar Tree at Christmas for a $1.00.

5. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I don't think it's a particularly good thing. The Cult was a great band, but Astbury is no peer of Jim Morrison. And the fact that he's newly styled himself to look just like Jim is embarassing.

I can see going to see the 21st Century Doors live - I've seen other Doors tribute bands - but why buy a DVD of them when you can already get several DVD's of the real thing?

6. RedWingfan

RedWingfan Forum Resident

Don't you wish CCR had the same problem, with the CCR-Revisited being compared to CCR DVDs???? These fraudulant acts are making me envious of the suckers that are out there! Hear me Eric, Jack and Ginger???????

7. Stateless

Stateless New Member

Interesting setlist...looks like it is most of the LA WOMAN album live. Of course it's not The Doors without Jim, but being a Cult fan too, I don't think the band could have made a better choice. I never saw the 21C D's live so I might pick this this up. Here's the setlist and a note from Ray on his site.

Roadhouse Blues
    Break On Through
    When The Music's Over
    Love Me Two Times
    Changeling
    L'America
    Love Her Madly
    Been Down So Long
    Hyacinth House
    Cars Hiss By My Window
    Texas Radio and the Big Beat
    Riders On The Storm
    LA Woman
    Light My Fire
    Soul Kitchen

A Note from Ray Manzarek: This is the tour that never was. The tour that was supposed to happen when Jim came back from Paris. The tour that we were all eagerly anticipating. In May or June of 1971, Jim called John from Europe and asked him how LA Woman was doing. John told him it was doing great and that the critics actually loved it, too. Jim was excited and wanted to go on the road as soon as he got back to the States. The two of them even talked about taking the bass player - Jerry Sheff - on the road with the four original Doors to duplicate the sound of the LP. Unfortunately, as we all know, on July 3rd, 1971, Jim leapt upward into the loam to join Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix - and the LA Woman tour never happened. We lost a great friend and a great poet, and we never got to play the songs from LA Woman in a live concert setting. But now, finally, we can bring you LA Woman in its entirety! Robby and I as The Doors of the 21st Century, along with Ian Astbury on lead vocals, Ty Dennis on drums and Angelo Barbera on bass, have recorded the complete album and it is here on this DVD for your insight, pleasure, and discovery - and for our completion. Robby, Ian, and I thank you for Jim. We hope he will be pleased.

8. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

THE DOORS
    of the 21st Century.

Nice logo. If you're looking at a small image, you see THE DOORS. Squinting won't even help in reading the "Of The 21st Century" part. Wonder if that was...deliberate??

Who would have thought thirty years ago that once vital bands would devolve into their own tribute bands??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.