New Doors reissues 45rpm Vinyl & SACD (Part 01)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thecrokid, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John D.

John D. Senior Member

It' never too late to budget for one. :righton:

2. melkor_morgoth

melkor_morgoth The Real Toe

I'm going to have to! Not sure I'll be in the market for these expensive vinyl reissues, though. Classic, vintage albums - often in remarkably good condition - at flea markets, for only a few dollars? Sure!

3. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

Delayed again - sigh. To put it in context it's just a first world problem, so only a minor frustration.

4. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

I'm fine with the delays. My wallet is in the recovery ward after all the end-of-year/Christmas spendage, and having all the SACDs coming out at once now might've sent it into a coma! I'm glad to have time to save up now.

5. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Didn’t happen.

7. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Reopened by request

8. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Steve, there's a new thread, linked to just above. That is closed, and you'll want to open that one.

Steve Hoffman likes this.
  9. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

While the other thread is still shut I might as well add in to this one. My S/T LP arrived earlier this week, and I was, like most others, blown away. I only have an 80s Elektra Germany Pressing to compare it to, which I always thought sounded great (mint vinyl, and decent soundstage), but the AP had punch beyond the German pressing’s wildest dreams. I couldn’t help but crank that sucker up. Silent vinyl too (unlike my 45 Mono Pet Sounds that arrived at the same time sadly).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.