New Eric Clapton Blu ray Announced

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Myke, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Eric Clapton: Plains, Trains and Eric Blu-ray
    Posted August 7, 2014 02:43 PM by Webmaster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On November 4, 2014, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release Eric Clapton: Plains, Trains and Eric by Eric Clapton on Blu-ray. This is an intimate film documenting life on the road during part of his 2014 tour intercut with superb full-length performances. The film features many classic tracks including: "Layla," "Wonderful Tonight," "Cocaine," "Tears In Heaven," "I Shot The Sherriff," "Crossroads" and more.

Planes, Trains and Eric follows Eric Clapton and his band on the Far and Middle Eastern leg of his 2014 World Tour. The film features 13 full-length performances blended with interviews with Eric Clapton and the band members, rehearsal and soundcheck footage, travel by trains and planes, presentations and "fly on the wall" filming of all the many aspects of being on the road with Eric Clapton.

Eric Clapton is one of the most revered and influential guitarists of all time. From his early days with the Yardbirds, through John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek And The Dominos and on to his solo career he has had consistent critical and commercial success.

The line up of the band featured on the film is Eric Clapton (guitar & vocals); Steve Gadd (drums); Paul Carrack (Hammond & vocals); Nathan East (bass & vocals); Chris Stainton (keyboards); Michelle John (backing vocals); Shar White (backing vocals).

Planes, Trains and Eric offers an unrivaled peek into the world of one of today's greatest performers; and of course plenty of fantastic music.

TRACKLISTING:
    1) Tell The Truth
    2) Pretending
    3) Crossroads
    4) Driftin'
    5) I Shot The Sherriff
    6) Little Queen Of Spades
    7) Layla
    8) Wonderful Tonight
    9) Key To The Highway
    10) Before You Accuse Me
    11) Tears In Heaven
    12) Cocaine
    13) Hoochie Coochie Man
    14) High Time (Credits – Audio Only)

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14672

905 likes this.
  2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Worst. Title. Ever.

I'm in, though!

3. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

A new video documentary "Planes, Trains & Eric" is coming out in November featuring live performances, interviews and "fly on wall" footage from the Far & Middle Eastern leg of his 2014 tour. Here's the article from Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eric-clapton-new-tour-documentary-planes-trains-eric-20140807

Planes, Trains and Eric tracklist:
    1) "Tell The Truth"
    2) "Pretending"
    3) "Crossroads"
    4) "Driftin’"
    5) "I Shot The Sheriff"
    6) "Little Queen Of Spades"
    7) "Layla"
    8) "Wonderful Tonight"
    9) "Key To The Highway"
    10) "Before You Accuse Me"
    11) "Tears In Heaven"
    12) "Cocaine"
    13) "Hoochie Coochie Man"
    14) "High Time" (Credits – Audio Only)

The tracklist is more of the same songs that have been released on multiple other video releases from Eric. Maybe the documentary element will be interesting and make this worthwhile. I'm surprised he still hasn't released anything from that superb 2006-07 tour with Derek Trucks. I saw Eric with this band in summer 2013 in the UK and unfortunately it was one of those "auto pilot" performances with a safe band.

Say It Right likes this.
  4. crossroads69

5. goodboyfred

goodboyfred Forum Resident

I'm in as usual. I only wish that the set list didn't have to include all the usual suspects. That being said, it should be cool watching Eric as a 69 year old survivor. When is the Cream, Dominoes and 74 or 75 footage ever going to be released?

Roninblues likes this.
  6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I'm in for this.

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Clapton now has 14 blu-rays on the market that feature his playing. Sadly it's not all stuff fans really want.

by the lake
    cream
    crossroads
    crossroads(only 2 of 3 on blu?)
    give me strength BR-Audio
    EC/winwood
    legends montreux
    tommy
    last waltz
    mayall
    bb & friends
    dylanfest 92
    jeff beck @ ronnie scott
    planes & trains in asia

Might be 17 or 18 if the George Harrison and Ginger Baker home videos came out in blu and feature his playing

8. Myke

Concert For George is on Blu ray also.

9. crossroads69

I was hoping or am still hoping that they do something to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the From The Cradle and the subsequent tour. That would make a fantastic Bluray release! Other than that, I am still waiting for Bluray from the 2006-07 tour where the band played almost the entire Layla LP.

The Cream 2005 Bluray is one of my favorite Bluray releases which could be further expanded by releasing all 4 complete shows.

The first two Crossroads Festivals IMO were much better than the 2010 & 2014 editions and also deserve an expanded Bluray release.

Instead we get Planes, Trains & Eric - count me in though! I look forward to the behind the scenes part of the documentary more than the actual performances.

10. crossroads69

Concert for Bangladesh needs a Bluray reissue too. Not Eric's best moment but what an historic show!

11. 905

905 Senior Member

I rarely purchase DVDs, so I just did a purchase request with my library system. Thanks for starting the thread MYKE.

Myke likes this.
  12. SoundAdvice

What Clapton shows from 60's/70's/80's/90's were caught on film?

Maybe some 90's show on early HD video on a trip to Japan or Montreux.

13. crossroads69

These are the ones I know:

1968 Cream Farewell (available on DVD)
    1971 Concert for Bangladesh* (available on DVD)
    1976 Last Waltz* (available on DVD/BD)
    1978 Rolling Hotel Tour Movie (unreleased)
    1983 ARMS Concert (unreleased)
    1985 Live at Hartford (previously released on VHS)
    1985 Live Aid* (available on DVD)
    1986 Live at Montreux (available on DVD)
    1986 NEC Birmingham (released)
    1988 Mandela Concert by Dire Straits*
    1990 24 Nights
    1991 Unplugged
    1994 Nothing But Blues
    1996 Hyde Park (available on DVD)
    1997 Japan (unreleased)
    1999 Madison Square Garden (available on DVD)

* feature other artists

14. SoundAdvice

Most of those master tapes only exist in SD video.

Blind Faith Hyde and Lennon Toronto as well, but can't see either of those getting a Blu-ray.

15. Myke

Won't Stop Eagle Vision. Remember their SD on Blu ray product ? Yep. :agree:

16. SoundAdvice

Not for everyone and it's clearly marked on the front and back of package plus a small disclaimer on the back explaining the format. Can't fault them for chasing the niche audiophile home video market.

17. Myke

I don't , just don't want neophytes thinking all that glitters is 1080p, it ain't.

18. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

I'm in for this too. Though I won't be allowed to get it on my own,too close to Xmas.
    Wifey will wanna get it for me. So I'll have to wait a bit.

19. crossroads69

This year would've been great for a 10th anniversary expanded release of the first Crossroads Festival on Bluray. I watched the 2-DVD set last night and it's my favorite of all 4 festivals so far. Covering 2-3 days, there's a lot more material out there that be added to a 2-Bluray set.

Are you listening Rhino?

20. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

You can say that again. I regret getting Rockshow on Blu. Digital noise or not, biggest snow storm I've ever seen on a remastered concert.

21. Myke

22. 905

905 Senior Member

Trailer

23. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

My uber-deluxe Japanese Blu-ray Disc boxed set is in da house!

24. crossroads69

Nice! What's in the Uber deluxe box set? Looking forward to your review.

25. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Well, it's the Japanese (extended?) Blu-ray Disc plus a book ("ERIC CLAPTON JAPAN TOUR ARCHIVE 1974-2014") and a t-shirt (whoopee ... I know ... ) all housed in a sturdy custom box. I got it from CD Japan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.