New Fox TV Series 9-1-1

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Madness, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear." Thread Starter

Watched this on DVR last night and liked it. I thought it would be way more intense and gut-wrenching, but I guess they decided to go a different way with it. Anyone else catch it?

2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'm aware of the show, but the premise doesn't tick my checkbox.

Dude111 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  3. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

...plus it's on FOX. Pass.

4. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Ever since She played the coaches wife in Friday Night Lights, I've been a big fan of Connie Britton. I give anything she's in a chance. She excelled in American Horror Story, and currently is crushing it on SMILF, but I only made it through the 1st 2 episodes of Nashville before I bailed! I'll be giving 911 a shot but I very rarely can hang with 'regular' network programming.

5. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

She was on Spin City, which I always enjoyed, especially when Michael J Fox was the star.

6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

This series is entertaining. Often trying to find its balance after leaning too far near the top it's stabilized by some veteran actors giving good efforts. And it has its whacko moments that are worth waiting for.

7. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

9-1-1 was one of FOX's better ratings-getters last season and is back for a second go-round. The first episodes are all centering around a serious earthquake in SoCal. Ironically, the opener of S.W.A.T. over on CBS also had an earthquake in L.A.

8. Lonson

After effects of the earthquake dominate this upcoming episode as well.

This show reminds me of another show I liked, "Trauma." That one deserved more seasons.

9. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

I watched about five minutes of that dreg, and changed the station.

10. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Jennifer Love Hewitt replaced Connie Britton. My interest has increased.
    Apparently all of the incidents on the show are based on real life events. The baby in the pipes episode from last season? You can't write this stuff.

tommy-thewho likes this.
  11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

we like it.

last night got a little slow towards the end, but all in all a very watchable show.

12. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

Liked season 1 but no Connie, I pass.

13. Lonson

This week, the story of how and why Henrietta Wilson became a Firefighter Emergency Tech, was the best show they've aired yet.

14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

interesting, i thought it was the worst show they ever did. could have been edited down to about 10 minutes.

audiomixer likes this.
  15. Lonson

Cool, I expected there would be those of the opposite viewpoint and opinion. I personally hope they do more episodes like this about other characters.

16. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I'm expecting the show to be cancelled.

17. Lonson

We'll see.

I think it might make it to 3.

18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

they may, it depends on contract language.

i'm guessing she had a clause saying she gets so many minutes per episode, and other language which makes her the focal point of an show or 3.

ever notice on 'criminal minds' they seem to do a character centric show about every 3rd or 4th show. a couple years ago matther grey gluber was the centerpiece of the almost the entire season, a season in which the one before he talked of leaving the show.

lots of things us commoners don't know.

19. Lonson

That's possible I guess. I don't watch "Criminal Minds". . . I can't watch that sort of material week after week. . . . I am enjoying "9-1-1". . . some good characters.

20. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

It's being sold to Disney. Approval is still pending.

21. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I thought the "Henrietta" episode this week was pretty cookie-cutter, and pretty much what I would expect. Which is to say no new information. I think her character is already interesting, and the writers dropped the ball by not coming up with something more unique, imo.

22. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

doesn't work that way most of the time, unless you are number one on the call sheet. maybe number two. show runners and writers decide who gets what for just about any one else.

23. Lonson

Another back story episode and another good one in my opinion. I'd welcome more as this goes on.

24. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

So Chimney is the dutiful son of Asian parentage, desperately trying to get the approval of his hard-ass father. Really? Again, another backstory that is not-so-original. And again disappointed & bored.

Angela Bassett is awesome, but I think I'm out.

25. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i feel exactly the opposite. horrible show. glad i DVR's d it, fast-forwarded through most of the second half.

jpelg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.