New improved Motown Board!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grant, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

I had a very busy weekend, so I didn't get here much. I don't know if this had been announced or removed but the Motown boards have been slightly revamped and is now moderated by...HARRY WEIGNER!:cheers: Now, it's almost obvious the idea came from THIS board! This also means that Motown must be getting pretty serious about their reissue program and wants serious feedback from the fans. I also didn't nose around too much but I didn't see any of the old threads.

I had to re-register there because I had forgotten my password and lost it with my wife's old computer.

Now I have another place to talk Motown besides here!:goodie:

See what you started Steve? :righton:

I wonder if ABKO is next with this?

2. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Where is this board for those of us who don't know?

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The upcoming release information on the boards is much improved thanks to Harry Weinger's involvment over the last couple of weeks. I had not heard about the forthcoming Miracles Anthology (lots of stereo versions including a number of remixes) before I checked this site. They also confirmed that the 70s Supremes Anthology will be released on 10/29 (my birthday. :) )

It's not all good news, though. The Ultimate Edition of Marvin Gaye's "I Want You" has been postponed indefinitely, but will hopefully appear some time next year. :(

http://boards.motown.com

Regards,

4. Grant

5. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Thank you both!

6. Grant

Harry Weigner (SP?) will be out until Sept. 6 due to scheduling conflicts, but this is an improvement than the usual fan-driven site. Too bad the new feel of the board will drive some of those people away. Others, like me, and CM Wolf will be happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.