New Mobile Fidelity titles in latest Music Direct catalog*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lovealego, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gill-man

Gill-man Forum Resident

Reality check: Most 60s and 70s teens are over 60. Many 60s teens are in their 70s. We should be saying 60+ for Mofi’s demographic.

2. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Thanks for the reality check, but I can do the math.

Joti Cover and Tullman like this.
  3. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Its proven that hearing starts to degenerate after 60...... (joke)

Tommyboy likes this.
  4. George P

George P Notable Member

Even if it was a beatle?

Maffune, nick99nack, jdrueke and 5 others like this.
  5. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

This is a serious question! I'm 56 and feeling like I need to kinda listen to music while I can, thinking hearing loss is inevitable. Last time I had a hearing test, I was told I have the hearing of a teenager, and I do know I hear a lot in recordings others seem to be unable to. Question is, is it inevitable or is is like anything, it depends on the genes/person/if they took care of their hearing? Would be nice to know this isn't an automatic for everyone! Not that this is a physicians thread, but I'm betting someone around here knows.

It's Felix likes this.
  6. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I’ve been a professional musician for the last 36 years in a loud band. I’ve definitely experienced hearing loss which is unfortunate but comes with the territory.Thankfully it doesn’t prevent me from listening to music and knowing what sounds good and doesn’t. I’ve learned to work around it.

Joti Cover, Starwanderer and teag like this.
  7. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Count me in :D Just a few months till I join the club. :wave:

Now, when is my pre-ordered MOFI Rumor and Sigh SACD gonna get released............. when I hit 70 ? :cool:

8. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Sorry George, Beatles (Order Coleoptera) are not true bugs, they in fact belong to the orders Hemiptera and Homoptera. :)

9. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

Did I read that Leonard Cohen's Live in London is among the scheduled new MoFi SACD releases? I'd be very interested in acquiring that if so.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  10. sgb

sgb Senior Member

This sounds accurate, although the last MoFi title I bought was the Carole King Tapestry that came out near the end of 2013. I was 69 then. If a person's 13th birthday fell on December 31, 1979, then the youngest one could be would be 51 but almost becoming 52. I think it is quite a stretch to think, though, that a person whose 13th birthday fell in December of 1959 as mine did, would have music tastes at all similar to someone a full twenty years younger. YMMV, of course.

11. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I am 38 and feel the same way about most of the "newer" 90s music being discussed in this thread. I find Billy Joel to be much more talented and listenable, and I'm not even a big Joel fan.

12. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

I wasn’t being serious. Hence the word - joke - is that not a universally recognised Word...?

Maybe it is eye sight that goes after age 56?!

cypert2 likes this.
  13. sgb

sgb Senior Member

I used one of those hearing tests from the internet, but don't remember its name. At 70 (3 years ago) I had a hearing loss of more than 20 dB above 2 kHz. How I first came to realize that I ought to check this was on recordings with HF sounds — like the breaking glass in the background on Dire Straits' Private Investigations — I recognized that I just couldn't hear them anymore.

BTW, tinnitus is 24/7 now with me and friends who are my age.

Jrr and Joti Cover like this.
  14. FashionBoy

FashionBoy Forum Resident

Amazing!

Tom34772 and Mr. Explorer like this.
  15. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

I'm not looking forward to sitting on my speakers to feel the music.

Jrr and MikeJedi like this.
  16. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Hearing loss with age is unavoidable, but the extent of it varies for everyone. Frequency extremes (especially treble) go first.

Jrr likes this.
  17. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

This is (sadly) the first I'm hearing of this SACD! I see acoustic sounds still has it in stock but backordered. Everywhere else is out of stock. Would an order even be worth it or is their little chance at all of AS getting any of these again?

For the record I (24 going on 25) am very excited to hear Train on mofi sacd! I like My Private Nation more, but Drops of Jupiter has a fond place in my heart and I'll pre-order it happily

Joti Cover and FashionBoy like this.
  18. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I saw the 'Grace' SACD on MusicDirect website just last Fall, and now see it is sold out there. Glad I got my copy, but recalling when seeing the ORG 45rpm Vinyl at $55 a few years ago, that I was thinking no way I would pay that much despite it being one of my favorite albums from the 1990s. What a mistake I made not buying it(and not getting a second copy of the SACD), especially when Music Direct has the 20% off Sales on Music.

1994-1997 is one of my top 2 favorite periods for music(mostly albums by UK Music Artists), and I would welcome releases of albums from Spiritualized, Radiohead, Manic Street Preachers, Suede, Pulp, Blur, Mansun, Portishead, Gene, James, Mogwai, Stereophonics, Placebo(to name a few-actually OASIS needs better Sound Quality on all of their CDs, than most of those Music Artists) on SACD & Vinyl by MoFi, AP, AF & IR(the newest label, who put out a few Joe Jackson albums). Actually, I wish these labels would release albums from the 1980s by Talking Heads, The CURE, Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Smiths/Morrissey, and Echo & the Bunnymen(although MoFi put out 'Heaven Up Here' on their Silver Label Vinyl), and please complete The Cars with 'Panorama' & 'Door to Door'(which I like both more than 'Heartbeat City' despite that being my first Cars album).

Mr. Explorer and ShallowMemory like this.
  19. Nrochie4184

Nrochie4184 Forum Resident

I was actually referring to the 2x45RPM vinyl. It is a reference recording on my system. Glad I grabbed one while it was in print.

20. HappyFunMiles

HappyFunMiles Forum Resident

I'm 36, and I have a good number of friends that either consider Billy Joel a guilty pleasure (present company included) or an out-and-out pleasure.

21. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Which reminds me I still need to get Piano Man and Stranger MOFI.

22. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Powerslave and especially Somewhere In Time would sound great on SACD.

DiabloG likes this.
  23. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Received an email from Music Direct that Simon and Garfunkel's Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme and Supertramp's Breakfast In America are coming soon:

[​IMG]

24. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

Nice!

25. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

Maybe Dire Staits are next?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.