New Mobile Fidelity titles in latest Music Direct catalog*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lovealego, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

I take it back - good catch! It was the self titled and "The Family that..."

2. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Notwithstanding all the above that's a great price for that set. Its going for $188 now.

3. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

What confuses me is that MOFI sometimes releases the vinyl of a recording but then there is a big big wait for the equivalent SACD to be released.

Take Rumor and Sigh by Richard Thompson, for example - the vinyl was released almost a year ago I believe, but we are still waiting patiently for the SACD. Surely these were worked on at the same time ? Is it that MOFI must wait a long time for a SACD plant to physically produce the disc - is there a waiting list for the manufacturing plant ?

ShallowMemory likes this.
  4. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member Thread Starter

Richard Thompson - Rumor and Sigh is shipping today.

5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I think this is referring to the SACD:

Richard Thompson - Rumor and Sigh (Numbered Hybrid SACD) | Shop Music Direct

That means (if my records are correct/complete), we're down to the following SACD titles that have been announced/revealed, but not yet released:
    • Rickie Lee Jones Rickie Lee Jones
    • Dire Straits Dire Straits
    • Dire Straits Communique`
    • Dire Straits Making Movies
    • Dire Straits Love Over Gold
    • Simon and Garfunkel Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
    • Train Drops Of Jupiter
    • Miles Davis Porgy and Bess
    • Miles Davis Miles Smiles
    • Bob Dylan Oh Mercy
    • Bob Dylan Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid

Craig.

6. George P

George P Notable Member

7. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member Thread Starter

Yeah, I am nervous about these :
    • Rickie Lee Jones Rickie Lee Jones (not shown on website after being there for a year)
    • Dire Straits Dire Straits (rumors that Dire Straits may not get released)
    • Dire Straits Communique`
    • Dire Straits Making Movies
    • Dire Straits Love Over Gold

art, Dan Steele and bruce2 like this.
  8. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

The Rickie Lee Jones was actually listed on Amazon for pre-order last year, but now says unavailable. It is still on my shopping list. I am nervous it will never be released too which is a shame.

Joti Cover likes this.
  9. George P

George P Notable Member

I listened to an early Japan pressing of that one today and thought it was decent, but it surely can use the MFSL treatment.

Joti Cover likes this.
  10. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I listened to the West German target last night and had the exact same thought! The target sounds good but you can just tell that recording would sound amazing on a Mobile Fidelity hybrid.

art and Joti Cover like this.
  11. George P

George P Notable Member

:agree:

As for Rumor and Sigh, I just ordered it from Music Direct, along with the three remaining Linda Ronstadt Gold CDs that I didn't have yet.

Joti Cover and bruce2 like this.
  12. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

Nervous? It’s been 2 frickin years for Dire Straits! Give up like I did. I’d be curious to know the number of people that canceled their pre-order. There should be a rule that if the pre-order is longer than 12 months then the record company picks up the cost, so they have incentive to co plete the project.

13. George P

George P Notable Member

The saving grace is that the original Dire Straits CDs, IMO, are excellent. I like my DADC Brothers In Arms more than the MFSL.

Dan Steele and bruce2 like this.
  14. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

To each his own. But I see no reason to cancel any preorders no matter how long ago they were placed. As far as the Dire Straits MOFI SACD preorder goes no money was charged and if cancelled I'd lose the 20% discount from Music Direct. If the DS MOFI SACDs ship it'll be a pleasant surprise. If not I have plenty of great sounding versions of all their albums. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned :)!

15. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

YEEEEEE HAAAAAAA !!!!!! :D Can't wait for delivery !

Anyone know how long it usually takes Elusive Disc to ship, after the release by Music Direct ?

16. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Cool. I've never heard this album before, and I'm glad to see MFSL scratch one more off the list.

George P likes this.
  17. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

FYI there's only a single digital mastering. As Steve said in an older thread, the WB CD has a top end boost that makes it harsh sounding when it should be smooth.

18. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

19. OptimisticGoat

OptimisticGoat Everybody's escapegoat....

Tom34772 and albertop like this.
  20. George P

George P Notable Member

Agreed on the smoothness. And thanks for the heads up that there is only one digital mastering. I don't have that listed in my thread for Target unique masterings so I will have to update that.

Dan Steele likes this.
  21. Tom34772

Tom34772 Forum Resident

I also got a shipping notice for the Richard Thompson SACD. This is going sound great, given the really nice job MFSL has done with Kiko, which was also produced by Mitchell Froom.

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  22. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Heck, this forum is 'bad' :D You have just persuaded me to push the button on purchasing MOFI discs Boomer's Story and Paradise and Lunch by R.C.

Naughty, naughty forum...………… ;)

23. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I'll make a prediction......... the Dire Straits MOFI SACDs will be available by the end of July 2018. Of course this is wishful thinking :D!

24. George P

George P Notable Member

You missed one:

[​IMG]

Wugged and Joti Cover like this.
  25. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

MoFi should release a Dire Straits SACD boxset comprised of all announced titles. However, the SACD of “On Every Street” will only be available with the SACD boxset.

Of course, to be released by Thanksgiving. This will make a great X’mas gift to any audiophile (or just yourself).

sennj and OptimisticGoat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.