New Nine Inch Nails EP "Not The Actual Events" & Vinyl Reissue Series

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tyler, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Ha! Me too, though I already have original UK presses of Broken and TDS.
    These remasters have me very curious.

Solvethebox likes this.
  2. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I'm anxiously awaiting Broken, and since it's now officially spring, hopefully it won't be long.

3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

The Who are touring mid summer.

Rob Sheridan is apparently still friends but taking time off. So Artwork will be different this year.

4. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

Pino Paladino? No, he's not still with them. He was a guest/hired hand for the beginning of the Tension tour, but it was temporary. I agree he is awesome. I was fortunate enough to see the first (Minneapolis) date of that tour (with Pino).

5. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

For what it's worth, I emailed Gnarlywood about any kind of update on the vinyl for Not The Actual Events and Deviations 1, and got a response. Honestly it wasn't much, but at least it was a response. It said "The NIN team has told us the LP's are still in production, and will be providing an update soon".

Vinyl Addict, Groovy and Zongadude like this.
  6. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

We'll that's certainly something! Thanks for updating us.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  7. razorball

razorball Forum Resident

Can't wait for my Fragile LP to arrive. Hopefully soon!

8. Due to the discussion on the RSD thread, I was looking on Bull Moose. I was just curious so I typed 'Nine Inch Nails'. They have a release date of TDS and Broken for 5/18:

Bull Moose. Search

No word on NTAE, Deviations, or The Fragile on the site, though.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  9. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Good find. I'm hoping this date is based in reality and it's not just a placeholder.

Vinyl Addict and Solvethebox like this.
  10. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I'm seeing a mysterious new shipping label has been created on my USPS dashboard. Shipping from Chicago. Fingers crossed that it's my Broken EP, which I ordered direct from the NIN store. Just speculating since Bull Moose had 5/18 listed as the release date before the link disappeared.

Brian Barker likes this.
  11. Brian Barker

I was about to give up hope on this and my Deviations 1. I log into my account every so often to see if they have been fulfilled, and when I checked Tuesday the store is down. Maybe they are actually updating and don't want people to see that it's happening (finally).

12. Vinyl Addict

From what I've read there's no release date yet.
    From another forum:

"Looks like the reissues are pushed yet again.

Bull Moose no longer has them up on their site and my preorder links back to their homepage.

I called them and was told that they have no projected date as of now...not that I would hold my breath if there were."

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  13. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Yeah, after a bit of sleuthing, it's just a catalog from Music Direct. Oh well.

14. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

Store is closed while they punish Firebrand. I dunno if that means they're not doing fulfillment or if they're just using a different company for fulfillment on new orders when it reopens. As always: "soon"

15. Vinyl Addict

Found this on the other forum also. It's a response from Firebrand, I believe.

"Thanks for writing in! Team NIN has informed us that the LP’s are still in production and will be providing an update soon. We have heard late May, but that has not been confirmed. Unfortunately, that is the only information we have at the moment. As soon as your order ships you will receive a shipping confirmation so be on the look out for that to let you know it has shipped.

There are no immediate plans to restock the Broken LP, very sorry!"

Sounds like these may be a limited run. Those who waited for whatever they want may have a tough time.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  16. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I'll be annoyed if I've missed my chances to order Broken and Downward Spiral as they were never announced as limited or pre orders only.

ScienceFriction likes this.
  17. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

DEAR NIN.COM VINYL CUSTOMER,

TWO APOLOGIES, A STATEMENT, AND A QUESTION.

APOLOGY 1:
    FIRST, AS SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW WE ARE CHANGING OUR FULFILLMENT PARTNER. I HAVE NOT BEEN HAPPY WITH FIREBRAND FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS AND WE ARE NOW PARTNERING WITH SANDBAG. I’M SORRY IT’S TAKEN AS LONG AS IT HAS TO MAKE THIS CHANGE, AND I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY AGGRAVATION YOU MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED ON THIS FRONT. YOUR SUPPORT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AND I ASSURE YOU THERE’S BEEN AN EXTRAORDINARY AMOUNT OF SCREAMING DONE ON MY END. YOU DESERVE BETTER.

APOLOGY 2:
    THE VINYL RELEASES FOR DEVIATIONS, NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS AND THE REISSUES HAVE BEEN DELAYED AS MANY OF YOU ARE AWARE. THE BLAME FOR THIS LIES WITH ME AND MY TEAM. WE RAN INTO A VARIETY OF QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES WITH THE AUDIO AND VARIOUS ASPECTS OF THE ARTWORK, THEN WE GOT OBSESSIVE ABOUT GETTING IT RIGHT. AT SOME POINT THESE ****UPS STARTED TO ADD UP TO A SUBSTANTIAL DELAY THAT I WASN’T FULLY AWARE OF UNTIL RECENTLY.

AGAIN, I’M SORRY FOR THE DELAY HERE BUT THE INTENTION HAS BEEN TO GET THIS UNCOMPROMISINGLY RIGHT.

HERE’S THE UPDATED, ACCURATE (BARRING AN ACT OF GOD) TIMELINE FOR SHIPPING:

* DEVIATIONS WILL SHIP AT THE END OF JUNE
    * ALL OTHER TITLES WILL SHIP AT THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST

IF YOU HAVE ORDERED ANY OF THESE TITLES, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COMPLETE REFUND (KEEPING THE DIGITAL FILES), WE GET IT - CLICK HERE

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ORDER, OR WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT SANDBAG CUSTOMER SERVICE – CLICK HERE

ADDITIONALLY, EVERYONE WITH AN OUTSTANDING VINYL ORDER WILL RECEIVE A DISCOUNT CODE FOR 20% OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE. THIS CODE IS GOOD FOR ONE USE AND UNIQUE TO YOU. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR CODE VIA EMAIL IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

STATEMENT:
    WE ARE TAKING ALL MEASURES AVAILABLE TO MAKE SURE ANY PREORDERS FROM NIN.COMARRIVE IN YOUR HANDS BEFORE THEY ARE AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE. I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS WHEN THIS ISN’T THE CASE (LIKE WHAT JUST HAPPENED WITH BEFORE THE FLOOD). I ASSUMED WE ALREADY HAD THIS PRACTICE IN PLACE, I WAS INCORRECT.

QUESTION:
    FINALLY, DID YOU KNOW THERE’S A NEW TOP-SECRET NINE INCH NAILS EP THAT WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE FIRST SHOWS WE DO THIS SUMMER? DID YOU KNOW NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS WAS THE FIRST PART OF A TRILOGY OF RELATED EPS THAT WILL BE RELEASED ABOUT 6-8 MONTHS APART? NOW YOU DO.
    MORE INFORMATION ON THIS SHORTLY…

THANK YOU.
    TRENT

18. KDubATX

Well... I'll get my Broken EP eventually

19. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

I'd like to know if the "extraordinary amount of screaming" Trent mentioned will be released on vinyl.

jfeldt, snipe, acetboy and 4 others like this.
  20. Vinyl Addict

Ditto in my email.

That's fine with me. I can wait. I have all the others already, I just want Deviations! (and the new EP)

August isn't that far away, I preordered a new copy of Broken to compare with the original. I'm curious to see how it sounds now, after reading the email.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  21. KDubATX

I received the email about 30 mins ago

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  22. Brian Barker

I was trying hard to wait till I got the vinyl to play instead of the downloads. I ordered in December, downloaded just last week. I still haven't listened to Deviations yet. I guess they're at least telling us something.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  23. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I'll use my 20% off voucher for Broken and Downward Spiral. It's annoying Before the Flood is now out of stock though

24. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Ok Trent. Apologies accepted, I will not cancel my order but please, stop YELLING!

pablorkcz and jamesc like this.
  25. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I'm fine with waiting a bit longer, if that means I'll be getting a product that has been through a thorough quality control process.

Chrome_Head, Vinyl Addict and jimhb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.