New Nine Inch Nails EP "Not The Actual Events" & Vinyl Reissue Series

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tyler, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

Kinda sounds like the super loud remaster might've sounded crappy on the test pressings. Who knew?

Turbo2k and KDubATX like this.
  2. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Especially if Deviations can be had by the end of June, not that far away. I thought when I saw the email came in that it would be much longer than that.

seasonsinthesky and Vinyl Addict like this.
  3. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

On the bright side, from this sentence, I presume we can ake it that these will also be available elsewhere and not just from their online store:
    "WE ARE TAKING ALL MEASURES AVAILABLE TO MAKE SURE ANY PREORDERS FROM NIN.COMARRIVE IN YOUR HANDS BEFORE THEY ARE AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE."

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  4. metal134

metal134 Forum Resident

Well, at least they are communicating instead of leaving us wonder what the hell is going on. I can stand delays, what I can't stand is when they just leave you in the dark. A couple more months is no biggie.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  5. Chrome_Head

It helps that he's not just going to be letting out crap pressings. That's encouraging. So the wait will be worth it.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  6. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Who IS pressing these?

7. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

I doubt we will know that until we have it in hand and inspect the runout.

Historically, GZ Media.

8. Kristofferabild

Kristofferabild Forum Resident

I am a little worried about the "remaster" of Thd Fragile. It already sounds pretty good. :)

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  9. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

I received an email today saying that Deviations had shipped.

10. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

FYI
    Trent & Co. were on this weeks (very disturbing) episode of Twin Peaks performing She's Gone Away

Wounded Land and Chrome_Head like this.
  11. Chrome_Head

Yep, got my shipping confirmation today as well. But they noted that any other items (TDS, Broken) wouldn't be shipping until early August.

12. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Does this look like a box? Taken from Twitter.

[​IMG]

Rocat and Donniej like this.
  13. Chrome_Head

Would like to see the rest of tracklisting for Side 4.

Also, according to tracking, I won't see mine until July 5th at least. US holiday no doubt set it back.

14. putney_swope

putney_swope Forum Resident

Not a box. Standard gatefold LP sleeve but thick enough to hold two records on each side. Given the cost it is a bit disappointing.

Won't know how it sounds for a few days since I'm in the process of moving, but hopefully worth the wait.

mick_sh likes this.
  15. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Lots of buyers reporting severe sleeve damage to their Deviations due to poor packaging. This release is cursed.

16. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Yuk I half thought about using my promo code to order it because it is the release I'm must curious about but that is too $ for cheap quality packaging. May just go for the Lost Highway black vinyl instead.

17. metal134

metal134 Forum Resident

I got mine today. The corners were a little dinged, but it's pretty minor and I'm not very picky about that kind of stuff. I didn't, however, have any outer sleeves big enough for it. It was way too tight a fit for what I have. I thought I had some oversized ones lying around, but I can't find them for the life of me.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  18. Jenifer

Jenifer Forum Resident

Just received and opened my copy today. The sleeve packaging is pretty underwhelming and mine arrived with a dinged corner. The records are in rice paper sleeves at least, but its two on each side of the gatefold with no separation. There is one liner page printed on only 1 side (white on flip side). According to the dead wax, the LPs we're pressed at Pallas and lacquers were done by John Golden. About to play meow.

Chrome_Head and Donniej like this.
  19. Jenifer

Jenifer Forum Resident

The vinyl is dead quiet and sound it top notch so far :). On par with Hesitation Marks or With Teeth rather then The Slip or Ghosts thankfully.

Chrome_Head and Kristofferabild like this.
  20. Chrome_Head

Damn, they tried to deliver mine today but to my work address (figured the odds were better that I would catch a delivery at work during the week so I set it for that), and of course I nor anyone else was there today. Hopefully I can get my hands on this on Monday.

21. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Has anybody ordered the LPs since the store relaunched in June?

I still need to order Broken and Downward Spiral and was wondering if you still get the Hi Res instantly as it's no longer mentioned in the description as being available immediately. The only one it mentions it for is Not the Actual Events

22. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

mine arrived yesterday, 3 of the 4 corners dinged up the top left one the worst of them but nothing worth trying to return it over or complaining.
    lets just say i don't think you'll be seeing too many NM sleeves on these

23. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Just received mine in the UK. It's nowhere near as low quality as has been made out on other sites.

Also Sandbag UK must be using different packagaing as mine is in perfect condition.

Can't wait to give it a listen when I've got a spare couple of hours

24. How so? What is different than what has been reported?

25. sdldawn

sdldawn Forum Resident

Yes I ordered downward spiral and got hi red instantly yesterday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.