New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. postscripum

postscripum Forum Resident

(It actually reminds me of the Stones 'We Love You' sound.)

2. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I was going to say the same thing. He must have had time to look around by himself.

theMess, fer2 and Glenn Christense like this.
  3. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

By the way: Brian is a beautiful guy, Brian Riddle, and he is the 'good cop' of McCartney's security team. Often I saw him personally toning down local security being too strict with fans. When I did the full tour in Australia half a year ago I managed to see McCartney arrive from up close 7 times, and at one point Riddle was pretty strictly trying to get us away from one side of the road, for no particular reason. When we friendly obeyed and were at the other side of the road, he said with a grin "this way you can actually see Paul arrive from his window side :righton:". Great guy. And at his age he still runs for his boss to protect him (0:56):

4. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

“Could Paul have a moment please?”

5. postscripum

Yes. But it must have been edgy deciding HOW much time. Take too long and he might have been a wreck. Take too little and he's, well, Ringo: 'Oh, aye, this is familiar, oh well, that's that, have you got the broccoli on, I'm hungry, let's get on, what time's the plane due out of here...' ;)

Horse Brunsby and susyredstripe like this.
  6. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

It's even on TV news shows!

theMess and JDeanB like this.
  7. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

You know it! :D

Buick6, mrjinks, Frank and 4 others like this.
  8. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Summer to me is the perfect time for a Beatles/solo Paul album release. That goes for the White Album as well. It worked for Sgt. Peppers in 1967. Late June and early July...summer starts to kick in.

JDeanB likes this.
  9. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Good luck with your back Ben..

Get Back, Get Back, Get your back to where it once belonged.. :D

10. supermd

supermd Senior Member

It would be great to get an album by that trio. :)

theMess and Horse Brunsby like this.
  11. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Come On To Me is unquestionably stuck in my head. I've been humming the chorus since the morning. I still don't think the beginning is anything special, so haven't changed my opinion overall...but once heard, easy to remember and tap a toe to.

12. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

I think Paul should just "call and audible" and release the album digitally today to take advantage of all the free publicity from the Carpool segment. In fact just change the name of album to Carpool to Egypt!

13. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I understand you have a weak back.

How long has it been bothering you?

daveidmarx, Bemagnus and theMess like this.
  14. postscripum

The Philly is getting so much publicity they might even change their menu for the first time in about twenty years!!!

theMess, Mamunia, Oyster Boy and 2 others like this.
  15. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Oh... about a week back.

:(

utopiarun and SixOClockBoos like this.
  16. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

The last few months on and off, but its been really bad over the last few weeks. I have had urine tests done because it is flank pain and my Mum has polycystic kidney disease. The test results come in on Tuesday.

Other than that I have no idea what it could be.

17. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

And I won't forget to tip the waitresses....;)

theMess and Chris from Chicago like this.
  18. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Heard back from Universal. If you're looking for your two free downloads for pre-ordering, they will be sent soon in a separate email.

19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I'm not a fan of changing lyrics for effect. I was very happy with it, wish he played longer

20. supermd

supermd Senior Member

99.99% of people watching have no idea who he is.

21. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

Too late, I downloaded them online from leaked mp3 sites

22. rppvaldez

rppvaldez Forum Resident

Yeah it's definitely hit a nerve across the board. Deservedly so because I don't think I've been Paul look so "touching" since I started following everything I could find about him (within reason !) in 1982. Gone is the "thumbs up" that he seemed to think he had to put on everything and made him look a bit "shallow" (to the unitiated). I wouldn't say he was "reflective", he was just sharing stuff of legends the way only he can but for some reason had only been doing through his music over the years. Still stunned I must say...

theMess, Bemagnus, DRM and 1 other person like this.
  23. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

So you said double only at Amazon, does this mean the double at bullmoose is not what Amazon had?
    I prefer ordered standard black and double black from bullmoose. From Paul store I ordered color exclusive and deluxe color exclusive, am I missing any vinyl except Japan ?

24. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

Agreed! Jump on the wave of publicity and just release the regular 16 track album on CD and digitally. Then the box set with the 26 tracks can come out in Sept. I think this is a no-brainer and it would go straight to #1 if he released it right now.

theMess, scoostraw and DRM like this.
  25. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

I maybe misworded it, but that is exactly my point. The people who do know see the humour in it. They could've got anyone of the street for that shot, he got picked because it's funny to give him a cameo, not to try to actually fool people.

theMess, SixOClockBoos and supermd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.