New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Come on up to the top of I-tunes

theMess and Buick6 like this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I do not think that there has been an acknowledment of where that number of 26 tracks has come from. It was accidentally mentioned here, when someone counted wrong or misinterpreted something. So there might be bonus tracks in a future Luxury set of Egypt Station, but none of our insiders here have even remotely said anything about the exact number of bonus tracks.

3. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Actually I think that rumour came from one of the Beatles site m

4. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

It came from a report on Daily Beatle-Wogblog & he hasn't retracted it so far as I know. I didn't read that here.

He seems to be saying it's a super deluxe version rather than simply bonus tracks.

5. C_Jepson

C_Jepson Forum Resident

McCartney's Carpool Karaoke is currently top trending on YouTube :)

theMess, SixOClockBoos, Tord and 9 others like this.
  6. Arnold Grove

I know that it was mentioned on that site (but nowhere else). BUT in the past, some of the info on that site has been wrong and/or it seems to emanate from our Forum!

7. Arnold Grove

And yes there is going to be a super LUXURY set, but no exact number of bonus tracks has been given elsewhere. So right now I am hesitant to accept that 26 number.

theMess and PaperbackBroadstreet like this.
  8. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

What s your opinions of the single. How close is Come on to me to Bip-Bop class?

9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Post release there will be a Deluxe Box but no details yet as to contents that I've seen. But more tracks are always better

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  10. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

11. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I'll accept a Hot Sound ticket to a concert of my choice as bonus contents. That would make it a Luxury Box to me! :D

12. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Starting my weekend with the infectious Come On To You......read lot of comments about the lyrics, I think they’re cool bringing back fun memories from parties and the excitement of meeting someone new. I miss not having a car anymore, could totally see myself driving around (running weekend errands of course) and swinging in the car to this!

13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Lol, keep dreaming!!!

5th-beatle likes this.
  14. Buick6

Buick6 Forum Resident

Come on to Me is #34 on iTunes UK and #62 on iTunes Aus

It looks like it might be going to do better than New and Queenie Eye.

Yeah Paul introduced the song on BBC Radio 2 by saying "Imagine a boy and a girl at a really wild party in the 60's". It made me wonder if it was influenced by the way he met Linda with her giving him the "come on" look and Paul deciding to do something about before she left with the group she was with...

theMess, MsMaclen and crossroads69 like this.
  15. Arnold Grove

"Bip Bop" is in a class of its own.

theMess and Thrillington like this.
  16. Calico

Calico Senior Member

"Come On To Me" was just broadcast on the radio, without any prior notice, and took me totally by surprise...
    Listening to the song at home is always an intense, intimate pleasure, but when comes totally unexpected on the airwaves, the feeling of knowing several thousands other people may be hearing it at the same time is tremendous!

17. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Something weird has happened
    When I first heard the songs it was obvious to me that I don t know was the classier song. Somber,melodic and generally a good/great Macca ballad. Come on to me was a fun novelty-no more,no less
    This is probably true but Come on to me is the one that got stuck in my head and the one I more often listen to. Perhaps because there is more to that track than I first realised. It is a fun novelty but one of very high quality. It s got a nice flow and certanely a hook that stucks like glue.

18. Arnold Grove

Seriously: I don't really "rate" Paul's songs until I have lived with them for a good amount of time and have listened to them a lot. I typically can find interesting musical parts in all of Paul's tunes, so I need to give them time and hear them in the context of the album.

Both songs though have musical parts that remind me of other songs, especially songs from Chaos onwards. It might just be me, but I feel that Paul's wide scope of musical ideas has narrowed somewhat in the last 10-15 years. So I think it is getting harder for Paul to think up newer and more inventive musical ideas. He is still a master, but it might be a more laborious process---hence possibly why this new album has taken longer than expected.

19. Arnold Grove

ALSO:

I'm trying to think back to the last Macca song that instantly floored me on my first hearing it, and it might have been "Too Much Rain" from Chaos. That might have hit me as a classic upon one listen, so I have a high bar.

20. Dr-Winston

Dr-Winston Forum Resident

It reappeared in the paulmccartney.com shop in 2012 I can’t remember exactly what I paid but I recall that I was pleased that I held off it was a good price maybe £45?

mrjinks likes this.
  21. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

The Daily Beatle: Egypt Station - the full range

Shak Cohen likes this.
  22. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

It seems Paul has skipped over the "Super Deluxe" option and gone straight for the "Luxury Deluxe"...

theMess and musicfan37 like this.
  23. Arnold Grove

In Egypt, the fancy train from Cairo to the great ruins at Luxor and Aswan is known as a LUXURY train (and not as a Deluxe train):

[​IMG]

theMess, musicfan37, jlf and 2 others like this.
  24. 5th-beatle

Apart from the song titles that have already been confirmed, there's also the rumored "Back In Brazil". I doubt that's the real title (unless it's a humorous reference to Back In The USSR), but the subject matter makes sense in the context of the album being a journey through different stations.

theMess likes this.
  25. 5th-beatle

By the way: the rumor about the upcoming boxed set including 26 tracks makes sense to me, as we know the regular album will feature 16 songs (including 2 instrumental tracks) and the Target/HMV editions will increase the number to 18.

That means 8 more songs on the boxed set, which is more or less the number of bonus tracks on some of his Archive editions. I believe his manager also mentioned in an interview that Paul wanted no more than 8 extra tracks on each bonus CD?

I just checked the deluxe edition of NEW and the bonus disc includes 3 unreleased studio tracks and 4 live performances of songs from the regular album, so maybe they will do something similar this time by including a few studio outtakes and a few live songs from the upcoming "secret gigs" in July that Paul has mentioned in the latest interviews.

theMess likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.