New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Me either. Signifies to me that there are 6 more songs to go

Allen Michael and omikron like this.
  2. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

Beatles sound on Facebook says: "The secret concert of McCartney is Tomorrow in front of EMI in abbey Road - London."

and Richard Porter on facebook "Just to reconfirm that Paul McCartney's 'secret event is at Abbey Road Studios tomorrow, when I was there is evening they were carrying 'MPL' labelled crates into the studios. There are big film cameras set up in the car park, so looks like things will be filmed outside the studios, as well as inside. Still haven't heard what time the event is though."

3. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I sincerely hope that this is filmed and that he performs the album all the way through.

4. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Ahh interesting! Didn't expect it to be outside.

5. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

That would be beyond cool, but I don't see much chance of it. Hope you are right though.

theMess and Glenn Christense like this.
  6. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I don't think it will happen either.

I can't see him playing all the songs from Egypt Station weeks before the album is released.

maccawings and MsMaclen like this.
  7. Victor46542

I think it will be like Chaos and Creation at Abbey Road

Yorick, susyredstripe and theMess like this.
  8. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

It's a shame because it would make a great live album/Bluray/DVD and it is something he has never done before.

mark ab likes this.
  9. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

That is absolutely cool, and What It Is is a great rockin blues type song to dance to!

Maybe McCartney will surprise with something he hasn't performed before at the secret gig tomorrow, fingers crossed!

theMess and planckera like this.
  10. Perian

Perian Forum Resident

According to the interwebs Paul has been spending the past week/weekend on a yacht in Italy. I doubt he has had much time to rehearse new material. The set list will probably be like the Carpool Karaoke show. Maybe one or two extra new songs.

11. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having hope!

The same reasons have been given over and over and over why McCartney won't sing certain songs, and those reasons may be true, but as long as he steps on a stage to perform, there remains the chance that he could perform different songs. So as for me, I will always have that hope that he'll do just that!

Seems to me anyone that really likes his music would champion the same, and want to hear as much of it performed live as possible, but that's just me!

Zeki likes this.
  12. Victor46542

Beatlefan on FB: "Reports from London say Macca's secret "event" Monday will be at Abbey Road Studios. On Sunday, MPL was bringing in equipment, and it looks like it will be filmed."

theMess likes this.
  13. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Ah excellent news about it being filmed! Maybe for the deluxe edition of 'Egypt Station'?

14. Victor46542

I think so !

theMess likes this.
  15. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

It's an excellent chance for McCartney to Freshen Up his set and perform/film a very special show. I could see it being something for the Deluxe Egypt Station if McCartney performs several new songs from the album, but if it's just the same two, where's the added value?

I'm hoping for several different songs period, that would make it a Freshened Upped DVD/blu-ray really worth wanting, if that's what McCartney plans to do!

16. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Yeah, my thinking as well, but if he were to record it and release the performance to YouTube and or a cable or PBS broadcast a day or two before the album drops then that could be pretty spectacular publicity for the album.

17. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Or, maybe it will be included as part of the super duper deluxe edition.

18. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

It would be funny if they released the Archive Collection edition of this album just a couple months after the initial release as a counter to the argument that the Archive Collection is taking too long!

19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

My wish as well!!!

theMess likes this.
  20. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

It's such a tiny area in a residential part. That would surprise me

theMess likes this.
  21. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Any idea what time the AR show tomorrow is due to start? I mind chance my arm.

theMess likes this.
  22. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I hope with a free gig, he explores the freedom of not having to pander to casual fans and picks out at least a couple of gems from the catalog

23. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

One can hope.

theMess likes this.
  24. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Not asking for the impossible, just a couple....baby steps

theMess likes this.
  25. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Earlier today he boarded a plane in Naples back to London, so the rehearsals must have happened prior to his Italian trip.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.