New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

dont hate on this post, but does anyone know if Paul needed any voice modification on Driving Rain? I don't think he did, and it sounds like Chaos was the first album he needed it on. Although it wasn't very much needed.

I was listening to a podcast on Driving Rain someone posted here a bit back.

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  2. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Just saw Mission Impossible: Fall Out, very good! Anyway, I was noticing how reviews were pulling a McCartney on the series "The best since the first Mission Impossible." As Paul always gets " The best since Band on The Run," label on his good albums. It's so ridiculous and unfortunate when reviwers do this. I would much rather just enjoy the new works for what they are and not make the arbitrary comparisons that really mean nothing anyway.

3. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

For sure. It s really not good when Mojo claims Egypt Station is Pauls best since Band on the Run. Migh cause wrong expectations because..,......,,
    everyone knows Egypt Station is Pauls best since Ram
    :)

theMess and Dr. Pepper like this.
  4. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

You can prove anything with statistics. An example
    -Most people hate Fuh You it got 2500 thims down fir the video that only 100 000 watched
    -Most people seems to love Fuh you . 99,4percent of those who watched the video made their thumbs up
    And on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on........,.........,,,

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  5. Dr. Pepper

I would love it if they did a special with the whole 60 minutes team interviewing him, and if they all were starstruke like Chris Farley. "Do you remember when you were in the Beatles, that was awesome!" "We'll, yes I do..." "And you used to be called the Silver Beatles?" "Yes, we were..." "That's so silly, yet still awesome!"

6. Dr. Pepper

It's inarguably Paul's best since New!

theMess and Bemagnus like this.
  7. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Excellent point! God forbid he return and read the 2794 posts that accumulated in his absence. He’ll know we’ve been humoring him all these years...

8. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

That s so true

theMess and Dr. Pepper like this.
  9. Dr. Pepper

Thank you! Thank you! I can't forget all those of lesser ability that have enabled me to experience the level of success that I have reached on the forum, folks like @Glenn Christense, @mrjinks, @Arnold Grove, @Bemagnus, @Ringo Hendrix, eiffeltowers, and my new best friend Shekira! Thank you again to all of my fans and those who look up to me from afar!

10. Frank

Frank Senior Member

...or in the absence of anyone else liking Fuh You.

mrjinks and Ringo Hendrix like this.
  11. Ringo Hendrix

Don't let the fame get to your head, now!

planckera, theMess and Dr. Pepper like this.
  12. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

The thing I most admire with you is the modesty you show.
    In fact you are so modest that you don t even show it.
    Not a small achievment

13. mrjinks

I actually like it, too. Don’t love it, but am a little surprised by the animosity towards it.

14. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

As anyone here knows I like Fuh you but unlike you Im not surprised of the vitriolic reactions among some
    As the old saying goes:
    When McCartney makes a modern sounding sing-along calledcFuh you the s-t hits the fan

15. Dr. Pepper

[​IMG]

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  16. mrjinks

Yes. With a zest for repeating yourself unparalleled by any other Forum Member (except, perhaps@maccafan?), I’m pretty sure anyone reading the last 100 pages has been made aware of your affinity to “Fuh You”.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    planckera, angelees, Zeki and 6 others like this.
  17. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I wear that badge proudly.

18. Dr. Pepper

I see your point, but just what is this "affinity" you speak of?

theMess likes this.
  19. JRSIV

JRSIV JRSIV Music Ltd.

Thanks brother, this forum is extremely friendly and I've always enjoyed the educated posts & opinions. I've been working with iOS Music Production apps for a few years and I get caught up on those forums a lot.

Since the album was announced I've been keeping a tab open in my Android phone's Chrome browser tuned to this forum...

theMess and Mr. Explorer like this.
  20. Ringo Hendrix

I personally am not.

Let me put it this way:

Would you be surprised if a classic rock fan complains about how generic, formulaic and trashy modern pop music is?

My answer would be no, it's essentially a classic rock fan cliché to do so.

Would you be surprised if a Beatles fan brags about how innovative they were?

My answer would be no, it's essentially a Beatles fan cliché to do so.

My answers would be No and No.

Then you have Fuh You. Not only is one of the Beatles releasing something intentionally non-innovative. Not made for musical purposes, but rather monetary purposes. Not only that, but the track is that very modern pop.

This situation is not likely to lead to a track in which those clichés are displayed over.

Mr. Explorer and Dr. Pepper like this.
  21. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

When I look for intellectual stimulance and litterary depth I don t reach for Fuh you. Instead I go for imortal lines like this

"Hitting The Chisel And Making A Joint,
    Glueing My Fingers Together.
    Radio Play Me A Song With A Point,
    Sailor Beware Of Weather.
    I'm Getting Closer, My Salamander.
    Well When Will We Be There?
    Ah No, Don't Answer, Oh No."
    Wow-yhat s a good one

planckera, angelees, theMess and 2 others like this.
  22. Dr. Pepper

I don't think this is right at all, I really think Paul saw what he thought was his best chance for a hit in quite awhile and went for it. I think the man enjoys having a hit on the radio, and probably misses that he hasn't had one in quite some time.

Tord, theMess, Paul H and 2 others like this.
  23. verjan

verjan Active Member

Hey folks, I don't understand what are you still arguing here. This guy is just able to write any song you can imagine (rock-pop-heavy metal-folk-country-swing-jazz-club-funky-techno-reggae-classic-movie) and for everyone - from children to elderly. Show me one another man who can do it!

It's Paul McCartney!!!

24. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Still c not find the carpool special anywhere here in the U.K.
    Anyone?

peace and love✌Dave

25. MitchLT

MitchLT Two for the show

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.