New Paul McCartney Out There Tour Thread (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 5th-beatle, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

Pre-sale for the concert in Brasília began an hour ago. The most expensive tickets sold out in less than 30 minutes. Regular sale will be tomorrow at 7 AM.

2. 5th-beatle

I've been awake since 4:20 AM for the Brasília pre-sale, and then the surprise announcement came at 9 AM of the Rio de Janeiro concert, with the pre-sale just two hours later!
    Now it's 10 PM and I'm still so excited that I'm not feeling tired yet.
    The next couple of days will be hectic for those who will try to buy tickets during the general sales for those two cities. I'm glad I'll be able to rest.

edenofflowers likes this.
  3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Announcement: Brazil has just announced a 3-day holiday to allow the nation to recover from the pre-sales and sales of Paul's upcoming concerts. More importantly, scientists at Brazil's top institutions are working on holding back the Earth's rotation so that Paul will not have any curfew during these concerts. That way he can play for 24 straight hours without anyone missing a day.

;) Arnie

Hep Alien, theMess and 5th-beatle like this.
  4. JagmanSL

JagmanSL Member

Going to see Paul tonight in Jacksonville. Going with a non-fan, so I hope he's in good voice.

This was one of the shows that was rescheduled due to his illness, so I've been holding on to these tickets for quite a while now. Really looking forward to the show!

theMess likes this.
  5. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I hope you enjoy it. He was apparently in good voice in Dallas and Nashville, so hopefully he will be today.

6. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

With the good results experienced at World Cup, and with the Olympics a 18 months away, do you think security will be better? I have relatives in Brazil and have been tempted to see a show there but have always been concerned about security as a "gringo"

7. JagmanSL

JagmanSL Member

Thank you! The last thing I need is for him to sound old with someone I'm hoping to spark a little interest in his music!

theMess likes this.
  8. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

His new songs are great too! The 2nd song is Save Us! Very cool.:thumbsup:

9. JagmanSL

JagmanSL Member

Have you been to a recent show? How many acoustic numbers are there? As a country fan I suspect she'll respond better to those than the harder rock songs.

10. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I saw a couple shows this summer. One was in Missoula. My best friend's daughter went, because her partner is a big Beatles fan. Daughter (23-ish?) sent me a text after that said "I thought he was amazing! 72, yeah right."

11. JagmanSL

JagmanSL Member

This sounds great! I know his voice isn't what it was, but if the whole show sounded like Early Days I could see that really turning her off.

12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Don't forget the crowd effect. When 15,000 people are going crazy, having a blast, that kind of adoration is contagious.

theMess and susyredstripe like this.
  13. susyredstripe

OMG no...he doesn't sound like Early Days. Do you not look him up on youtube? Yes, I've been to a few shows this year...he only does a couple accoustic. But I would not say he's hard rock so he will not turn her off.

14. JagmanSL

JagmanSL Member

Yeah, I've looked up some shows on Youtube, but I know that his voice can be luck of the draw. So I'm hoping tonight is a good night for him!

15. susyredstripe

Queenie eye

theMess likes this.
  16. JagmanSL

JagmanSL Member

Sounds pretty darn good to me!

susyredstripe likes this.
  17. susyredstripe

I just found the full concert for Dodger Stadium...not that you should watch this now!

theMess likes this.
  18. JagmanSL

JagmanSL Member

Yeah, I might need to hold off on this one. We're going to be leaving shortly to hopefully beat some traffic and get decent parking.
    :)

19. susyredstripe

Have a great time!

JagmanSL likes this.
  20. 5th-beatle

I have met several fans from different countries at Paul's Brazilian concerts and they had no complaints about security. You should definitely come, you would have a great time.

These are the websites selling tickets for the concerts, check them out for cities, dates, prices and availability:

http://www.tudus.com.br

http://www.blueticket.com.br/12266/Paul-McCartney/?&obj=banner_direita

21. mgoad30

mgoad30 Forum Resident

Tuesday night! Louisville, Ky! The mayor declared it Paul Mccartney week with special events like Denny Laine &Laurence
    Juber performing over the weekend. It'll be the 4th time I've seen him & I can't wait!

22. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Tokyo Dome from 2013 is up as well complete. Shame it's only 360. I'll say it again......GO. You will NOT be disappointed. You will be cranked up after seeing this show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piDcxxQYPaU

jimcdenco likes this.
  23. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Oh, the next show is not until tonight? I wonder what he's been up to since Nashville last Thursday... Taking it easy in Florida?

24. mr._mojo_filter

mr._mojo_filter Forum Resident

foxylady likes this.
  25. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Okay, that sounds great. But how about this question. It really looks like Paul is never going back to Australia. He travels over the whole world, but seems to have been avoiding Australia for more 20 years. It's getting ridiculous, and many of our Australian members on this Forum have complained about this.

So here's my question: I know that Brazil is a large country. But is it large enough for all of Australia to fit into it? I propose that the whole population of Australia should move to Brazil. This would only have to be for a few years, but it would allow everyone from Australia to finally get to see Paul, as his "home away from home" now seems to be Brazil. Sounds like a simple solution. ...

;) Arnie

theMess, klaatuhf and 5th-beatle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.