New Paul McCartney Out There Tour Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by theMess, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theMess

theMess Forum Resident Thread Starter

The last thread was removed (presumably due to arguing), so I thought that I would open up a new thread for the Out There Tour.

Everyone who comments should remember that the last thread was taken down; basically let us not argue about where the tour is not going, instead we should discuss where it is going and things like the set lists, Paul's performances, etc.

I hope that the Gorts see that this thread has been started in order to discuss the tour in a pleasant and friendly manner.

Isejingu likes this.
  2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I may have to go to this show alone. Both my friends who would be interested in going with me are out of the country that day.

3. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Oh my, I just saw where Paul has scheduled Pittsburgh for July 7th. The first event at Consol a few years ago was Mr. McCartney. I saw him last summer at Nationals Park. What should I do?

4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

So far, these dates in 2014 have been confirmed:

South/Central America Dates:

April 19: Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay

April 21 & 22: Movistar Arena, Santiago, Chile

April 25: Estadio Nacional, Lima, Peru

April 28: Estadio de Liga, Quito, Ecuador

May 1: Estadio Nacional, San José, Costa Rica

Asia Dates:

May 17 & 18: National Stadium, Tokyo, Japan

May 24: Yanmar Stadium, Nagai, Osaka, Japan

May 28: Jamsil Sports Complex Main Stadium, Seoul, South Korea

USA Dates:

June 19: The Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, LA

June 26: Yum! Center, Louisville, KY

July 5: Times Union Center, Albany, NY

July 7: Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA

More to come soon....

Arnie

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Evan L and theMess like this.
  5. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

I will guess he throws a few new songs in there to make it interesting. I'd like to see I Had Enough from London Town, Uncle Albert and Rocky Raccoon. For his John "I wrote it too" revisionist song-In My Life...oooh the controversy!!!

He could get away with 4 to 5 from his last album-it was that good IMO.

For Japan, he should do as much from the 66 show as he could- but do it in a set.

Chris from Chicago and theMess like this.
  6. Mr Hankey

Mr Hankey If you eat fiber on Xmas Eve...

Am I the only one here not excited about seeing/paying another McCartney show? Seen him 6 times now and actually dread hearing "Hey Jude - now the men sing". I've paid the $250 price tags, even scored 3rd row once which was my highlight show in '02, and would pay more for a different show. Last time he was only 200 miles away and I didn't even consider making the trek.

7. Albany, here I come...

theMess likes this.
  8. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Got two for Albany at Macca's fan site this morning. Took a half hour but tickets finally showed up. $99 each on the side of the arena. Woo hoo!

9. theMess

Great. :righton: I am sure that you are in for a great show.

10. theMess

Thanks for posting this.

I am really looking forward to seeing how well his South Korea show goes down. They seem to have quite a unique and independent music scene, and Paul has never played there before. Were the Beatles successful in South Korea?

11. And here I am at the new Tour thread...a day later & a dollar short...
    The really big news? They are basketball & hockey (around 20,000) sized arenas & NOT football/baseball sized stadiums (60,000-80,000)!!! I think this is the first time since 2010 that he's done this (I saw him in Toronto & Pittsburgh on that tour).
    While I don't think I'll go (funds are difficult this year, especially considering the prices for good seats & he's even more hit & miss now live- but amazing when he's on, so if you haven't gone, GO!!)...but...I am helping a friend to get tickets for either Pittsburgh (19,758) or Albany (17,500).
    If you've never seen him, I wouldn't miss this chance to catch him in such a relatively intimate venue. Arenas aren't perfect, but at least they aren't Stadiums!!
    I found out this morning, sadly about an hour after the pre-sale had started.
    http://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/27790-paul-gets-back-outthere-in-the-us
    Here's the scoop...
    Paul McCartney is getting back ‘Out There’
    First U.S. shows of 2014 confirmed!

June 19: New Orleans, LA – The Smoothie King Center
    June 26: Louisville, KY – Yum! Center
    July 5: Albany, NY – Times Union Center
    July 7: Pittsburgh, PA – Consol Energy Center

More dates to be announced…

Following an incredible 2013 which saw Paul’s universally acclaimed ‘Out There’ tour launch in Brazil and visit 23 cities across South America, Europe, North America and Japan, today Paul confirms he’ll be getting back out there in the U.S. by announcing his first Stateside dates of 2014. In addition to his dates this month in Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Costa Rica, and his return to Japan and first ever performance in Korea in May, Paul has confirmed the first stop of an upcoming summer trek through North America:

On June 19, Paul will return to New Orleans to play The Smoothie King Center, his first visit to the city since his 'Driving USA Tour' in 2002.

Paul will play his first shows ever in Louisville KY and Albany NY, respectively, June 26 at the Yum! Center and July 5 at the Times Union Center.

July 7 will see Paul returning to Pittsburgh’s Consol Energy Center for the first time since opening the arena with a pair of instantly sold out shows August 18 and 19, 2010.

Fans registered with PaulMcCartney.com will be eligible to purchase pre-sale tickets from 10am (local time) / 3pm (UK time) on Wednesday 9th April. To be eligible for this pre-sale fans must be registered with the website by 6am (EDT) / 11am (BST) on Wednesday.

Register for pre-sale tickets by clicking HERE!

The 'Out There' tour, as always, features music from the most beloved catalog in popular music, as Paul performs songs spanning his entire career - as a solo artist, member of Wings and of course as a Beatle. The set list will also include material from Paul’s most recent studio album NEW, a global hit upon its release last year.

The McCartney live experience is a once in a lifetime opportunity; in just three hours some of the greatest moments from the last 50 years of music are relived; music which for many has shaped the very soundtrack of their lives. The last decade has seen Paul and his band perform in a staggeringly impressive range of venues and locations, including outside the Coliseum in Rome, in Moscow’s Red Square, Buckingham Palace, at the White House, a free show in Mexico to over 400,000 people, and even broadcast live into Space! Featuring Paul’s band of the last 10+ years - Paul “Wix” Wickens (keyboards), Brian Ray (bass/guitar), Rusty Anderson (guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (drums) - the show never disappoints.

The tour also uses state of the art technology and production to ensure the entire audience has the best possible experience. With massive screens, lasers, fireworks, unique video content and, of course, the best songs in the world, a Paul McCartney show is so much more than just an ordinary concert. Paul’s shows attract a multi generational audience from different backgrounds all brought together by his music.

2014 got off to an incredible start for Paul as he set a personal career best by winning an incredible five GRAMMY Awards in one night. In the UK he was honoured by music bible NME with a special one off award, the ‘Songwriter’s Songwriter Award’ chosen for this unique accolade by his fellow peers.

Tickets will be on sale Monday, April 14 at 10am (local time).

American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Thursday, April 10 at 10am through Sunday, April 13 at 10pm.

Keep checking PaulMcCartney.com for further announcements.

theMess and Chris from Chicago like this.
  12. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

He played the 18,000-seater Barclays Center in Brooklyn just last summer - I'm quite certain he played some other arenas as well.

As much as I love him, I can't disagree with this - I've seen him 11x now and unless the setlist gets a big shake-up, I don't think I can part with the $ this time out. Besides, Kate Bush and Fleetwood Mac got to my wallet first!

That said, if dates at the Barclays or MSG pop up, we'll see how long my resolve lasts..... :rolleyes:

linclink likes this.
  13. I stand corrected. I am thinking that he's played mostly larger Stadium venues rather than Arena sized ones over the last few years/tours as that's one of the reasons I'm haven't gone...
    The main reason though is my last shows with him, in 2010, were just great & I'm glad to leave things that way.
    He's been inconsistent, though often brilliant, as a live act now for many years now & things just aren't getting better in that regard. When he's on, he's amazing, but... I'm not out to risk the money, & more importantly my lasting memory of the last live show of I saw with him. That main issue, & ticket prices vs. my current finances mean I'm pretty much out of seeing him for sure from now on.
    There are just too many other great shows (Fleetwood Mac reunion & Kate Bush being great examples- though I'll probably miss both of them this year as well), & some incredible Festivals (Fests being great bang for the buck & Wilco are playing two nights at one in Virginia in September- Lockn Fest)...

14. Daniel Plainview

Please direct me to this site!!!! Where can I get tickets TODAY????

15. ConnieGuitar

You probably won't want to hear this but I thought he was excellent last year - I actually got three bouts of Macca (2 at the Barclays and 1 his "pop-up" gig in Times Square) - so I really don't think you'd be disappointed. I also thought last year's setlist was one of his best over the last decade, to be honest.

But I absolutely understand if you had a fantastic time in 2010 and feel a new show might tarnish that somehow - I do feel like it wouldn't even be an issue for any of us if money wasn't a concern. For $75-100 for decent seats (which is still a lot, mind you, but somewhat manageable), I'd have less of problem hearing Let Me Roll It for the 1000th time. But at a minimum of $125 for a halfway decent spec? - heck, even the top $250 (or whatever it is now) doesn't necessarly get you a great spec: you have to dole out for the VIP packages for those - it certainly gives one pause. Several pauses, really!

16. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Same here. I last saw him at Citi Field (my 7th, I think), and unless there's a serious playlist shake-up I won't be "Out There" for this go-round.

COME ON, PAUL: Your deep cuts are more widely known than the hit singles of most acts!

Shak Cohen likes this.
  17. ConnieGuitar

If you previously registered on his site, you can go here:
    http://www.paulmccartney.com/live/27468-out-there

If you haven't, I'm betting it's probably already too late to now register and take advantage of the presale.

18. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

Hi Arnie. I have tickets for the April 22nd show. I´ll report back

foxylady likes this.
  19. Daniel Plainview

20. ConnieGuitar

If only it wasn't 4th of July weekend...the wallet probably would take another beating!

I wouldn't worry yet - in my experience, there are usually so few tickets offered in the presale that you'll be probably ok when they go on general sale. Obviously the cheapest tickets will go first so you do need to be quick!

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  21. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

That is great! I hope it is a wonderful experience. I have some friends here in New York City who are originally from Chile---and they are so happy that Paul is playing again in their country. Fill us in on the details after the show! Cheers, Arnie

theMess likes this.
  22. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Sure wish I had signed up at his site. Tomorrow i'll try and get American Express pre-sale tickets for the New Orleans show. It'll be my first time seeing him.

23. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Couldn't get any. When are they on sale to the public?

24. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

Any rumors of Texas being added to this leg?

25. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.