New Paul McCartney Out There Tour Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by theMess, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

Got my Pittsburgh tickets. 3rd time seeing him, saw him last year in DC and in 2010 in Pittsburgh.

DrBeatle likes this.
  2. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

I'm in for Louisville too. 20th time seeing him since '89'. I've been in row 1 center and row 2 center, but usually I'm in the mid-level seats. Always paid face value of $250 for the 1st and 2nd row seats, didn't mind that in the least, but I will be damned if I pay a thousand bucks for a ticket. That's a new amp!

3. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

This will be my 3rd time seeing him live - Off The Ground, Driving Rain, and now the current one. Sad that it took him 12 years to come back. Musicians LOVE the city, but will not play here. Must be the damn entertainment tax.

4. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Same here. I found isle seats Row M in the 200's on the side. 214.00 for both. I just couldn't pass them up. I saw the Nat park and opening in Consol also.

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm still a little POed that I didn't see the 1993 show. Macca never made it to DC - I would've gone to Philly but he was SUPPOSED to come to DC, so I didn't bother. It wasn't until after Philly that I found out the rest of the tour wouldn't take place... :sigh:

6. Oatsdad

I got Row A in Section 220. Not happy about upper level, but it's a good view and at least it's the front row of the section! I might've gone more expensive if I'd found something great, but for a "cheap seat" - if we can call $100 "cheap" - this was good...

7. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

What else was planned for the US? A whole extention of that US leg through the summer of '93, or just a couple of shows (DC included)?

8. Oatsdad

Going on 21-year-old memories here, but IIRC, there was supposed to be another leg that would include DC. Don't recall what other big cities got left out.

This leg was never formally announced - ie, no dates/ticket sales - but I heard it got scuttled because the rest of the tour didn't do as well as expected. I guess Macca thought the 1993 tour would sell as well as the 1989-90 one, which was illogical. 1989-90 represented his first US dates in 13-14 years, while 1993 was just a few years later - no way there'd be the same demand.

Anyway, I don't know for a fact that DC was planned and ditched, but that's what the paper reported at the time...

9. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Cool - didn't know that the North American part of the tour was seemingly "cut short," so to speak.

10. Danny Holland

Danny Holland Active Member

Going to go see him in New Orleans. Got the $100 nose-bleed section tickets facing the stage on pre-sale, but it's still better than the $40 ones that were in the nose-bleed section behind/beside the stage! My first time seeing him live.

John Grimes likes this.
  11. jimcdenco

jimcdenco Forum Resident

Lubbock announced, June 14th :agree: I'd expect another Texas date will be announced real soon :shh:

http://www.kcbd.com/story/25257747/paul-mccartney-to-perform-in-lubbock

Paul McCartney to perform in Lubbock
    Posted: Apr 15, 2014 9:01 PM MDTUpdated: Apr 15, 2014 9:01 PM MDT
    By KCBD Staff - email
    [​IMG]Paul McCartney (Source: GNU Image)
    LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -
    KCBD NewsChannel 11 has learned that legendary singer, songwriter, Paul McCartney is scheduled to headline a concert in Lubbock on Saturday, June 14.

Details of the event are expected to be announced in a joint news conference between Texas Tech and the City of Lubbock Wednesday morning at the Buddy Holly Center.

McCartney, who will turn 72 this year, gained worldwide fame as a member of The Beatles. He has long credited Lubbock native Buddy Holly as one of his biggest musical influences.

In a 1974 interview, John Lennon said the name of The Beatles was "directly inspired" by The Crickets.

During the British Invasion "every group tried to be The Crickets," Lennon said.

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

theMess likes this.
  12. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Salt Lake City - 8/7 also announced

13. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Some more...

Dallas - 6/16
    Atlanta - 6/21
    Jacksonville - 6/22
    Nashville - 6/25

theMess likes this.
  14. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Here's all of the US dates announced so far, in one place. A lot of shows close together. And all arenas too, which is great. I guess the other west coast dates will fill in around early August.

6/14/2014 - United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, TX
    6/16/2014 - American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
    6/19/2014 - Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, LA
    6/21/2014 - Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA
    6/22/2014 - Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, FL
    6/25/2014 - Bridgestone Arena, Nashville
    6/26/2014 - Yum! Center, Louisville, KY
    7/5/2014 - Times Union Center, Albany, NY
    7/7/2014 - Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA
    8/7/2014 - EnergySolutions Arena, Salt Lake City, UT

theMess likes this.
  15. jimcdenco

jimcdenco Forum Resident

16. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Fairly sure I'm in 218 or 219. I sat in Row B in that section the first time he played there. There is not really a bad seat in Consol. I don't know if you've been?

17. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I'm in for Dallas on 6/16!!!! :D

theMess and jimcdenco like this.
  18. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

Definitely getting tickets for Lubbock.

19. goat65cars

goat65cars Jerry A Great Dog We Miss You RIP 2002 To 2020

what no PHOENIX area concert planned.saw him a few years ago in DC at FED EX field.great show

20. heatherly

Does anyone what presale goes live first? AM EX or the website?

21. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Paul's website. That presale is tomorrow. Amex pre-sale isn't until next week.

heatherly likes this.
  22. Oatsdad

Yeah, I've seen maybe 7 or 8 shows there over the years: Gaga, Bruce a few times, Macca X2 in 2010, PJ last year, Madonna in 2012. I've plenty of other Pittsburgh shows, but most of them were at the old arena. Also saw Bruce at the Soldiers and Sailors Hall in 2011 and a couple of shows at the old Starlight Amphitheater and U2 at Heinz. I may live in VA but I have some decent Pittsburgh experience! :)

23. Oatsdad

IMO, the Macca presales beat the others. I've gotten legitimately good tickets via Macca.com...

24. heatherly

Good to know, I'll be checking it out tomorrow! Do they release a good # of tickets to PM.com?

According to this chart, sections 104 & 121 are the best, right?

Floor seats are never an option, right?

http://www.americanairlinescenter.com/gfx/seating/concerts.html

25. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Make sure you register with Paul's site before tomorrow in order to be able to get in on the pre-sale, if you're not already registered.

And I agree with Oatsdad - the McCartney pre-sale, in my experience, is the best of the bunch. I've never struck out before (knock on wood), and you can get very good seats. That is, they don't just unload the junk during the pre-sale like some other acts.

Based on that chart, 104 and 121 could be extreme side view, if they're sold. A little hard to tell based on the chart. Floor seats are available during the pre-sale, so you can go for those. If you're not too concerned with price and just want the best seats available, search by the price you're willing to pay and it should bring up the best seats available, whether it's floor or 100-level.

heatherly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.